The high-performance, low-maintenance mechanical cryogenic chest freezer
Mechanical refrigerated design promotes better top-to-bottom uniformity.
VIP® PLUS Design Patented vacuum insulation cabinet construction dramatically reduces wall thickness, allowing for increased storage capacity in a smaller footprint Achieves greater energy efficiency than conventional insulation Design prevents the insulation layers from distortion and cracking that might occur due to temperature differences inside and out which creates the most efficient insulation material available today. Want to learn more about the advantages of Mechanical Refrigeration?
• Microprocessor temperature control with LED digital display allows accurate temperature control
• Accurate temperature setting, confirmation and operation are managed through microprocessor temperature control with a LED digital display and flat key data entry.
Multiple alarm and safety devices are included to protect valuable samples
• High temperature warning equipment automatically indicates when the temperature deviates 10°C from the set temperature
• Power failure alarm lamp and buzzer are activated in case of power failure or irregular temperature increase
• Remote alarm contact equipped
• The unit is also equipped with an auxiliary back-up system for liquid nitrogen that works for approximate 8-12 consecutive hours
Ideal Alternative to LN2 Storage
The Panasonic Cryogenic Chest Freezer offers stable and uniform temperatures down to -152°C, without the hazardous operation conditions and the continual maintenance and cost requirements of LN2 storage.
• The periodic LN2 supply and storage add to the running cost for this freezer.
• LN2 storage gives rise to temperature gradients within the freezer, thereby reducing the actual area of storage and increasing the per box cost for the freezer.
• LN2 storage containers are not cost effective
• Regular maintenance check ups in LN2 system poses a high risk of contamination
Comparison of temperature distribution in a liquid nitrogen freezer (vapor phase) and Panasonic’s MDF-C2156VANC-PA mechanically refrigerated cryogenic freezer. Graph shows temperatures at different locations within the chamber. This data demonstrates that 100% of the MDF-C2156VANC-PA storage space maintains uniform storage temperatures safely below -130°C, while temperature in LN2 vapor system is dependent on storage location
The Panasonic Cryogenic Freezer
maintains temperatures throughout the entire cabinet of 150°C with "+/- 5°C", while traditional LN2 systems can vary dramatically between the bottom and top of the cabinet.