OverviewThe high quality, low cost AW-HE2 is a compact HD camera with electronic pan/tilt/zoom functionality, remote IP monitoring, HDMI output, and IP control capability. Its no-moving-parts design is ideal for remote monitoring in athletics, conference rooms, and in classrooms for lecture capture and distance learning.
A major upgrade to enable high-quality HD video and stereo audio output (plus control) via the camera's USB connector is now available. This free upgrade effectively transforms the camera into a "super-webcam" for lectures/event capture and a wide-range of other USB-centric applications. This new upgrade is available in October at no charge to all current HE2 owners; all new units shipped from October onwards will come already equipped with these new features. The HE2's video and audio over USB output is compatible with Microsoft Lync and other common programs that support USB lecture/meeting capture, audio/video recording, and videoconferencing—including Skype, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Graphedit, and Panopto. Full HD video is output via USB in MJPEG up to a maximum of 1080/30P.
The HE2 incorporates a highly-accurate non-mechanical pan-tilt function that offers precise, fast, fluid movement in all directions, The camera provides a wide horizontal angle of view of approximately 96 degrees. A new Panasonic 2X Super Resolution zoom function operates in conjunction with the digital P/T to provide crisp images of the selected area. With its full HD MOS sensors, the HE2 produces 1920 x1080 resolution images in 1080/60p (1080/59.94p) and a wide range of other formats. For live remote preview and control, the HE2 delivers IP-preview MJPEG video imbedded in the camera’s Browser control page, at resolutions up to 640x480 and frame rates of up to 30fps.
The HE2 supports both direct and Web-based IP remote control. Direct IP control is possible using Panasonic’s AW-RP50N, as well as appropriately programmed systems from Crestron, AMX and other manufacturers. The unit may also be controlled using an AW-RM50G wireless handheld IR remote.
- IP live video image monitoring for remote preview and control
- IP control via AW-RP50, computer with Browser, or 3rd party controllers
- Compatible with the AW-RM50G wireless infrared remote
- Picture-in-Picture functionality
- Nine pre-set memories
- Adjustable shutter speed, Auto Gain, white balance and back light compensation
- Stereo microphone, stereo audio imbedded in HDMI output
- Dimensions--Five inches in length with a diameter of approx. two inches
- Weight: less than 9 ounces
- Table/wall/ceiling mount included, as well as a ¼-20 screw thread mount.
- HDMI output provides: 1080/60P, 1080/50P, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i (30P & 25P), and 720/60P and 720/50P
- Horizontal Resolution: 850 Lines
- DC Connector / USB Connector, A.C power supply included