tomorrow’s best investment
As the world’s lightest 2/3” shoulder-mount camcorder, the AG-HPX600 with interchangeable lens offers standard and optional functionality that places it at the forefront of pro camera technology. And with future options that include AVC-ULTRA recording and microP2 card upgradability, the P2 HD camera is an excellent investment for today’s and tomorrow’s shooting needs.
Easy on your Shoulder, Super Efficient on Battery LifeAt only 6.2 lbs., the HPX600 is an ideal choice when shooting for hours on end. Because it’s super efficient, only drawing 18 watts of power, you can concentrate on your subject, not on how long your battery lasts.
Master Quality Video Recording and MoreThe HPX600 records 10-bit, 4:2:2 independent-frame video in AVC-Intra, the industry’s most advanced compression technology. The AVC-Intra intra-frame video codec offers bit rates of 100Mbps and 50Mbps, utilizing the High-10 Intra and High-422 Intra profiles of H.264, respectively. In addition, the camera can record in DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV — and it’s 50 Hz and 59.94 Hz switchable for worldwide use.
Innovative Features Make Shooting EasierEase of operation is a key attribute of the HPX600 and it is assured by the camera’s many innovative features. Highlights include Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC) to maximize lens performance, a highly accurate Flash Band Detection and Compensation algorithm that minimizes this effect, and Dynamic Range Stretch that achieves a wide dynamic range by suppressing blocked shadows and blown highlights. A host of shooting assist functions — including Focus Assist, which expands the center of the viewfinder screen for easier focusing, and a waveform and vectorscope display — are built-in.
Wide Range of Options to Shoot the Way You DesireThere’s no compromising with the HPX600 because there’s an array of optional features to equip it for your style of shooting:
- High-resolution Proxy Video — With the optional AG-YDX600G Video Encoder Board, the camera records proxy files onto SD/SDHC memory cards or onto P2 cards. It supports high-quality video (QuickTime/H.264) and audio formats at a low bit rate. High-quality proxy files can be used for breaking news and other scenarios that benefit from proxy workflows. Moreover, this feature streamlines the production workflow by allowing the editor to review content details during offline editing.
- Streaming with a Wireless or Wired LAN — The optional AG-SFU601G Upgrade Software Key and AJ-WM30 Wireless Module enables use of a wireless or wired (Ethernet) LAN. Proxy files* can be streamed or viewed via a standard web browser on a PC/Mac, tablet or smartphone. While viewing the streamed files, metadata can be added to the P2 files. Using a PC/Mac also enables a cloud-based workflow by uploading and sharing video data via network. The optional AG-YDX600G Video Encoder Board is required to use proxy video.
*Optional AG-YA600G HD/SD-SDI Input Board is required
- Variable Frame Rate Shooting and 24PsF Output — With the optional AG-SFU602G Production Package Upgrade Software Key, the frame rate in 720p mode can be set in the range of 1 fps to 60 fps; in 1080p mode, it can be set to 1 fps to 30fps. Either 24p/30p Native mode or over 60p mode can be selected for recording. In addition, the 24PsF format can be output from SDI OUT for uncompressed data recording.
- HD/SD-SDI Input Board — The optional AG-YA600G allows you to record high-quality video from other HD/SD-SDI equipped devices.
- High-res Color Viewfinder — The optional AG-CVF10G is a 3.45”, 16:9 Color HD viewfinder with 920,000-dot resolution.
Future Options Open up a New World of Possibilities
AVC-ULTRA — Expected for availability in 2013, AVC-ULTRA will offer master-quality and/or low-bit-rate 10-bit, 4:2:2 recording in Full HD to meet variety of user needs — from mastering, to transmission.
MicroP2 Card — When available in 2013, the microP2 card, which has an SD card form factor, will ensure high-speed transfer, high reliability and the writing assurance of all P2 frame rates, formats and codecs, including Panasonic’s newest compression platform, AVC-ULTRA. The microP2 card will be able to record up to the AVC-Intra200 mode of AVC-ULTRA. A microP2 card adaptor will allow Class 10 or high-quality SD cards (at bit rates only up to 50Mbps) to be used in P2 products in emergency situations.