Panasonic Computer Solutions Company (referred to as "Panasonic") will repair the products listed below with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge in the U.S.A. or other Panasonic approved location for the period specified below from the date of original purchase in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. These warranties are extended solely to the original purchaser. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase will be required before warranty performance is rendered.
- Laptop Computers — 3 Years
- PDRC - LCD and Keyboard Assy. — 3 Years
- Ultra-Mobile PC (CF-U1/CF-H1) — 3 Years
- Hand-held Computers (CF-P1/P2) — 1 Year
- MDWD — Mobile Computer & Wireless Display Assy. (CF-07/CF-08) - 3 Years
Batteries supplied with the product are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from date of purchase, except as excluded in Section 3. Batteries purchased separately are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from the date of purchase. A battery furnished under the warranty is covered for the remaining period of the one year warranty on the original or purchased battery.
Panasonic approved wireless modems installed in Panasonic brand computers and integrated by Panasonic or an Authorized Panasonic Wireless Integrator are covered under the warranty for the remaining warranty period of the computer in which the modem is installed. For computers with less than three (3) months remaining on the unit warranty, the wireless modem will be covered for a period of three (3) months from the date of installation of the modem, covering only modem replacement or modem installation related issues.
All modems must be approved by the wireless carrier prior to use. Any use or attempted use of a wireless modem not approved and activated by the carrier for use on their network is strictly prohibited and is not sanctioned or warranted by Panasonic and may result in legal action. In addition, all modems must be approved by Panasonic as compatible with the computer hardware before installation or use.
Panasonic's sole responsibility for the warranty or technical support of the software required to install or operate the modem is defined in Section 2 (Limited Software Warranty). Any attempted software installation by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Wireless Integrator is not covered under warranty and may result in service charges to re-image or replace the hard drive.
Installation or attempted installation by any party other than Panasonic or an Authorized Panasonic Wireless Integrator is strictly not covered under the warranty and may void the computer warranty if damage results.
The below listed Panasonic brand or supplied options and accessories are covered under this limited warranty for the period specified from the date of purchase or as specifically stated:
- AC Adapter / Power Cord — 3 Years
- Memory Card (Panasonic Brand) — 3 Years
- Car Mount Docking Station PCB or Complete Vehicle Docking Station — 3 Years
- Port Replicator / I-O Box / Docking Cradle (like CF-08 / CF-U1) — 3 Years
- Antenna Pass-through Cable — 3 Years
- Backlit or Full-sized keyboard - 3 Years or assumes warranty of the unit in which it is installed
- Integrated Panasonic supplied options and kits including, but not limited to Wireless Modems, Media Bay Drives (Floppy, CD, DVD, Combo), Camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Smartcard Reader, Magnetic Card Reader, Barcode Scanner, and Fingerprint Reader — 3 Years or assumes warranty period of the unit in which it is installed provided the integration was performed by Panasonic or an Authorized Options Integrator.
- Hard Drive (separately purchased) — 1 Year
- External USB Drives (CD / DVD / Floppy / Hard Drive) — 1 Year
- Optional Battery — 1 Year
- Battery Charger / Multi-Bay Battery Charger — 1 Year
- Standard Stylus Pens - 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
- Digitizer Stylus Pens - 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
Panasonic Computer Solutions Company (referred to as "Panasonic") warrants to you only that the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of delivery thereof to you, as evidenced by your purchase receipt.
This is the only warranty Panasonic makes to you. Panasonic does not warrant that the functions contained in the Programs will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Programs will be uninterrupted or error free. Panasonic shall have no obligation for any defects in the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished resulting from your storage thereof, or for defects that have been caused by operation of the disk(s) or other media.
Panasonic's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement, in the United States or other Panasonic designated location, of any defective disk or other media which is returned to Panasonic's Authorized Service Center, together with a copy of the purchase receipt, within the aforesaid warranty period.
Specifically excluded from the warranty are:
- All consumable items; such as screen protection films, logo badges, labels, cleaning cloths, carry cases, manuals, cables, straps, belts, holsters, tethers, and harnesses and any other options and accessories not listed above or covered under a separate warranty.
- Failures related to the product operating system, hard drive image, software setup, software program, virus, other program(s) or file(s) on the hard drive or in any computer memory location.
- Failures due to BIOS settings or changes, as well as any cosmetic or physical damage to the unit.
- Any unit or device with a missing or altered model number or serial number label
- Damage which occurs in shipment
- Failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic
- Failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit, abuse, neglect, installation, maladjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance or modification, use not in accordance with product use instructions
- Failures due to service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider
- Failures caused by improper integration by any company other than Panasonic or a Panasonic Authorized Integrator
- Damage, failure, or loss due to the unit being stolen, lost, misplaced, or used by anyone other than the original purchaser
- Damage that is attributable to acts of God
This limited warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship which occur during normal use. If a unit is sent to a Panasonic Authorized Service Center and no hardware failure is found, the customer will be billed for labor to correct a software issue or reimage the hard drive plus shipping and applicable administrative fees at the current rates set by the service provider.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS OR PART OF NUCLEAR EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, OR AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS*1. PANASONIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ARISING OUT OF THE FOREGOING USES.
AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS include class 2 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Systems and Class
1 EFB Systems when used during critical phases of flight (e.g., during take-off
and landing) and/or mounted onto the aircraft. Class 1 EFB Systems and 2 EFB
Systems are defined by FAA: AC (Advisory Circular) 120-76A or JAA: JAA TGL
(Temporary Guidance Leaflets) No. 36.
There are no other express warranties except as listed above.
PANASONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
For technical support or to arrange for service on your Panasonic computer product, call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-LAPTOP5.