Network Functions** to Expedite News Gathering and Image Acquisition Workflows
• Clips are automatically uploaded to an FTP server while recording (Rec during Uploading).
• Stable Full-HD images are on-air streamed by a special mode (QoS mode).
• Recorded clips can be previewed and metadata can be checked and edited on a smartphone, tablet, or PC/Mac.
• P2 ROP APP for iPad enables an advanced wireless camera remote function.
• The P2 Cast cloud service*1 is provided by Panasonic for broadcast and production use.
Compact, Lightweight, 1/3 Shoulder-Type
The camera-recorder weighs approximately 2.7 kg (6.0 lb), and only about 4.75 kg (10.47 lb) with the lens and EVF (AJ-PX380GF included) mounted. This combines with the compact body size for excellent mobility in news gathering and other active uses.
1/3-Type Bayonet Mount Interchangeable Lenses
Broadcast and professional 1/3-type zoom lenses available from various manufacturers in a wide range of variations and performance can be used.
High Sensitivity, Low Noise, 1/3-Type 3MOS Sensors
2.2-megapixel 1/3-type 3MOS (RGB) image sensors offer full-pixel HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, F11 (59.94 Hz) or F12 (50 Hz) sensitivity and low noise. They also achieve rich gradation and vibrant color reproduction.
The 1/3-type image sensors achieve the same maximum 600% level of dynamic range as other high-end shoulder-type
High-Quality Image Processing and Versatile Image Settings
• CAC (Chromatic Aberration Compensation): When using a CAC compatible lens, the small amount of circumjacent chromatic aberration (circumjacent blur) that is not corrected by the lens is compensated by this process.
• Advanced Flash Band Compensation (FBC): This function detects and precisely compensates the flash bands (bands of light and dark) that often occur in cameras equipped with a MOS sensor.
• Setting Items: H detail, V detail, detail coring, skin tone detail, chroma level, chroma phase, color correction, master pedestal, knee (auto/manual/off), matrix (norm1/norm2/fluo/cine-like), high color, white clip.
AVC-ULTRA Supported as Standard
From mastering to streaming, the image quality and bit rate can be selected to match the application. Panasonic's professional A/V codec family, AVC-ULTRA, is provided as standard equipment to meet the particular needs of broadcasting and video production. (See the table on the next page.)
An intra-frame compression method that is highly suited to image production, AVC-Intra100/50 codec (10-bit quantization, 4:2:2
This inter-frame compression method achieves highquality HD recording at a low bit rate. Ideal for providing on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows using content transferred over the internet. Three bit rates are available:
AVC-LongG50/25/12 Mbps. AVC-LongG25 provides 4:2:2 10 bit quality at a bit rate of approximately 25 Mbps.
Low-bit-rate, high-resolution, high-soundquality
proxy video (Quick Time/H.264) is also recorded with the actual data.* Also includes metadata for efficient offline editing. See the table (AVC-Proxy Recording Modes and Recording Signals) on the next page.
Standard-Equipped microP2/P2 Card Slots
The AJ-PX380G comes with two slots for microP2 cards, the broadcast-use memory card downsized to match the size of a conventional SD Memory Card and one P2 card slot.*1
• microP2 card: While inheriting the high reliability of the P2 card and maintaining the large capacity of 64 GB,*1 the microP2 card was greatly downsized to match the size of an SD Memory Card, resulting in a considerable reduction in cost.
• Content Protection System (CPS): A security function featured on the microP2 card. The content recorded on the card is locked with a password to protect against unauthorized access. This prevents data from being stolen and enables secure media control.