• Superb Image Quality: 16.0-megapixel Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine FHD
• The World’s Fastest Light Speed AF** and Advanced Focusing
• The World’s Smallest and Lightest System Camera*
• 1920 x 1080 Full HD Video in the AVCHD Format
• iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus for Easy Manual Adjustment
• Creative Control and Photo Style to Express Your Own Creativity
The DMC-G3 features the newly developed 16.0-megapixel Live MOS sensor which is advantageous for image recording, thanks to a low noise process and a low noise circuit structure. Linking smoothly with the Venus Engine FHD with the advanced image processing, details are kept by optimum synthesizing of the data which is processed with resolution-priority for edge part and NR-priority for smooth part of a picture. You can enjoy stunning image quality even in low-light conditions.
The DMC-G3 features the world’s fastest Light Speed AF of approx. 0.1 second** which is achieved by reducing the detection time for focusing by doubling the drive speed from 60 fps to 120 fps. The full-area focusing, the shooting advantages of the Contrast AF system, lets you focus on the subject in any part of the LCD. Combined with the Touch AF including the Pinpoint AF and MF assist, the DMC-G3 lets you set the subject easily and quickly, and brings the focusing operation closer to your photographic intent.
The DMC-G3, based on the Micro Four Thirds System standard, features its world’s smallest and lightest body.* The mirrorless construction made it possible to add a 1,440,000-dot equivalent LVF (Live View Finder). Both the LVF and the 3.0-inch Free-angle LCD give you a live view of what you’re shooting with a field of view of approx.100%. The main appeal of an interchangeable lens system camera is the ability to achieve a wide range of expression by changing the lens. The DMC-G3 lets you use the lineup of LUMIX G / LEICA DG lenses.
The DMC-G3 can record high-resolution 1920 x 1080 full HD videos. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG. A stereo microphone, featuring Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, on the upper body records dynamic, true-to-life stereo audio. The Touch AF in video recording also lets you enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted it and let it stand out to attract attention.
* For an interchangeable lens system camera with a view finder as of May 12, 2011. ** The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the DMC-GH3 attaching LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140)*** to move the lens position to “2m” from “infinity” position. The zoom position is in wide range. Panasonic measurement method. *** The firmware must be updated to Ver. 1.3 or later.