New to the Panasonic AVCCAM lineup, the AG-AC120 Memory Card Camera Recorder offers a host of advanced functions. The lens and both camera and recorder sections have been significantly evolved by incorporating cutting-edge technologies. The newly developed 22x zoom lens boasts a wide field of view and operability much like an interchangeable lens. The high-sensitivity, low-noise, high-resolution 1/3-type 2.2-megapixel U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) MOS image sensor and professional AVCHD PH mode ensure highquality Full-HD 1920 x 1080 recording. The AG-AC120 also has a DV (SD)* recording mode, further expanding its operability. And superb cost-performance is achieved by a simple design that offers the same high performance as higher-end models, without a viewfinder. These and other features allow the AG-AC120 to support a wide range of needs, from professional image production to news gathering.
*DV files are recorded onto an SD memory card.
The high-performance zoom lens was developed specifically for professional HD video production. While inheriting the wide-angle capabilities of the DVX and HMC Series, it adds the same level of operating ease as you&d expect from an interchangeable lens model for broadcasting and other professional uses. Zooming from 28mm to 616mm (35mm equivalent), this 22x zoom lens covers a wide field of view, from wide-angle to telephoto, without a conversion lens.
The lens unit is provided with three rings — a mechanical (cam-driven) zoom ring, a focus ring, and an iris ring. The positive operating feel of these rings gives you manual control similar to an interchangeable lens.
• Hand-shake correction with the Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS).
• A Digital Zoom function that can be assigned to a user button for 2x, 5x, and 10x magnification. in combination with the optical zoom, this function provides a telephoto capability up to 220x.
• Four-position optical ND filter wheel.
The AG-AC120 features the same Ultra Luminance Technology (U.L.T.) 1/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3MOS image sensor that is incorporated in our shoulder-type P2HD camera recorders. This advanced image sensor is set to maximize the performance of the lens and signal processing circuit under standard shooting conditions.
• DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights.
• 3-position gain selector plus Super Gain of +24 dB/+30 dB*.
• Selectable 7-mode gamma settings including the CINE-LIKE gamma modes.
• Four Matrix setting including a CINE-LIKE mode.
• Adjustable H detail, V detail, detail coring and skin tone detail.
• Adjustable chroma level, chroma phase, color temp and master pedestal.
• Knee point settings: Auto, Low, Mid and High.
• White balance: Three values (A/B/Preset) of white balance with an auto tracking white function. The Preset can be set to 3200 K, 5600 K and VARIABLE, which ranges between P2.4K and P9.9K
*+24 dB and +30 dB can be assigned to an user button only.
Records SD video into a DV-format file* (AVi Type 2) for added flexibility. Standard DV output (IEEE 1394) lets you ingest files to a PC or Mac.
*DV-format files made by the AG-HMC80 Series are not fully compatible with the AG-AC120EN. Use the same model of camera recorder which was used for recording to play back DV-format files. A class 6 or higher SDXC/SDHC/SD memory card is required for DV recording.
The AG-AC120 features the AVCHD format and high-quality PH mode. AVCHD complies with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 High Profile technology for superb images and low data rates. PH mode was developed by Panasonic exclusively for high-quality video production. With a maximum AVCHD bit rate of 24 Mbps (average: 21 Mbps), it records 1920 x 1080 Full-HD images. PH mode also supports multiple HD formats, such as 1080/50i, 1080/25p, 720/50p and 720/25p.
Dual memory card slots: Relay recording*1 seamlessly records images onto two memory cards consecutively, and simultaneous recording*2 records the same images onto two different memory cards for reliable backup.
• SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card: The SDXC Memory Card is a large-capacity device. The AG-AC120EN can also use SDHC and SD Memory Cards.
• Interval Rec: Records one frame at a time in set intervals (1 sec., 10 sec., 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min.). *3
• Pre-rec: While in standby mode, the camera recorder can continuously store, and subsequently record, up to about 3 seconds to ensure that you always get the shot you want.
• Shot mark: Allows convenient OK or NG marking, and can be added to each clip during or after recording.
• Index: Scenes can be marked with up to 100 index flags per clip.*4
• Rec check: you can check the end of the most recently recorded clip with one-touch ease.
• Last clip delete: One-touch delete of the most recently recorded clip.
• Time stamp: Commonly used for recording evidentiary depositions and procedures.
• Time code: SMPTE time-code recording and synchro*5 function.
*1: The AVCHD&s maximum consecutive recording length is 12 hours. This cannot be extended even by using the relay function.
*2: Simultaneous recording cannot be combined with relay recording or interval recording. Also, Rec Check and Last Clip Delete will not operate during simultaneous recording.
*3: Only in 1080/25p AVCHD mode. Audio recording not possible.
*4: AVCHD recording mode only.
*5: After synchronization, each camera&s time-code runs separately and cannot be guaranteed to match precisely.
• Focus assist: The focus level bar and focus-in-red display functions help to focus quickly and accurately. A face detection function is also provided.
• Area focus, area iris: An area of the frame can be set as a target zone for focusing, iris adjustment and Y GET (brightness measurement), to increase shot-composing flexibility.
• Scene file dial: instantly retrieves a set of shooting conditions.
• WFM: Simplified waveform and vectorscope display.
• Three user buttons: Each button can be assigned with any of 16 functions.
• LCD monitor: High-quality LCD has a 87.63 mm (3.45 inches), approximately 921,000 dot (1920 x 480) high-resolution panel.
• Marker/Grid: Various markers and grids can be displayed on the LCD monitor.
• Mode check: Displays a list of the camera settings on the monitor.
• Zebra: Two levels from among 50% to 105%, in 5% steps.
• Color bar: Outputs a color bar signal and test tone.
• New, stylish design also boosts mobility.
• XLR Pro-Quality Audio: internal, high-performance stereo microphone and two-channel XLR audio input terminals with a 48-V phantom power supply.
• HDMI OUT: High Definition Multimedia interface output terminal digitally transfers high-quality HD video and audio signals.
• Down-Conversion: internal down-converter outputs SD video from HDMI or VIDEO OUT with 16:9/4:3 aspect conversion, side crop, letterbox and squeeze.
• Remote terminal: Enables remote operation of iris, focus, zoom, Rec Start/Stop and index functions.
• USB 2.0: Type mini-B port for connection of a PC in DEViCE mode.
• Tally lamps: Provided on the unit&s front and rear.