* This product is classified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. as to medical electrical equipment with respect to electric shock, fire and mechanical hazards only in accordance with UL 60601-1: (AG-MDR15P) and also complies to IEC 60601-1 (EN 60601-1) : (AG-MDR15E). These products comply to medical electrical equipment standard with respect to EMC requirements in accordance with IEC 60601-1-2 (EN 60601-1-2).
■Solid State Media, No Moving Parts
■Standard Features Includes;
- 8.89 cm/3.5 inches LCD Monitor
- HD SDI Input for recording from an External Video Input
- Built-in 10x Optical Zoom
- Optical Stabilizer
When AG-MDC10G is connected with AG-MDR15 series, camera head option cable is required.
The progressive 3MOS image sensors record full-HD images with approx. 2.51 megapixels (effective motion-image resolution). This produces full-raster HD images with high resolution and superb image quality. Because each of the three separate image sensors receives one of the three primary colors of light (red, green and blue), they render more precise images and more faithful colors than the single light-receiving 1MOS sensor. Records clear, full-HD surgical and other images.
The AG-MDR15 series features the image-enhancing PH mode that Panasonic developed exclusively for AVCCAM camera recorders. It delivers a maximum AVCHD bit rate of 24 Mbps (average: 21 Mbps). Designed for professional image production, this mode handles full-raster HD 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 HD pixels, and lets you record 1080/30p, 1080/25p, and 1080/24p progressive images in addition to 1080/60i and 1080/50i when connected to the AG-MDC10G (optional).
The SD Memory Card Helps Preserve the Environment with Its Reusability and Low Power Consumption
The SD Memory Card media for the AVCCAM camera-recorder is totally free from abrasion and dropout. There is no drive mechanism required, as there is for tape and disc-based recorders, so power consumption is low and size and weight are reduced. Malfunctions are less likely to occur, and there is no need to replace heads or transport components. This translates into lower costs and easier maintenance, greater energy savings, and less waste when the unit is eventually disposed of. All of these features help to conserve the environment.
Unlike videotape, there&s no need for cueing with the SDHC Memory Card because recording automatically begins in a blank section of memory. Nor do you have to worry about accidentally recording over important footage. You can delete unwanted clips instantly right on the spot to preserve memory capacity. Editing after shooting is smooth and easy, with no need for digitizing. The tiny SDHC Memory Card is durable, too. Its operating range is from -25 ºC to 85 ºC (-13 ºF to 185 ºF). And of course, you never have to worry about problems with dropouts or clogged heads.
Records for Three hours (approx.) in the highest-quality (PH) mode
* A Class 4 or higher SDHC or SD Memory Card is required for PH and HA recording.Use a Class 2 or higher SDHC or SD Memory Card for other modes. (Panasonic SDHC or SD Memory Cards are recommended.)
This helps to ensure you always get the shot you want, by letting you continuously store, and subsequently record, images and sounds for 3 seconds before the REC button is pressed in standby mode.
* Can be used only when combined with the AG-MDC10G.
The image displayed on the LCD monitor can be reversed vertically and horizontally to check the angle and recorded image.
* Only the image display is reversed. The recorded image remains in its original orientation. It needs to be assigned as an User button. It functions during pressing the button.
Index flags can be added to any desired points in a clip during recording or playback. Up to 100 index flags can be added to each clip.
Date and time information can be recorded directly onto the video signal. This is ideal for use in medical journal reports and training, as well as for saving highly reliable images for explaining medical procedures to patients and their families.
Zoom, focus, iris, shutter speed and white balance adjustments, as well as camera setup, can all be made from the AG-MDR15 series. Its built-in microphone also lets you input audio. And the audio level can be adjusted. The camera head option cable (optional) comes in 3 m (9.84 ft) (AG-C20003G) and 20 m (65.62 ft) (AG-C20020G) lengths to match your application.
•Quick, Easy Focusing HD Focus Assist Function
In addition to the center zoom function, which enlarges the center area of the image for easier focusing, a focus bar can be displayed to indicate the focus level by the length of the bar. A peak hold function in the focus bar makes it easy to find the optimal focus position. The One-Push Auto Focus mode also lets you temporarily switch to AF mode during manual focusing.
*This function cannot be used for digital zooming.
Image data is recorded as a file for each scene. Thumbnail images and file information are automatically attached to each file to enable smooth, easy confirmation and deletion of files displayed on the LCD monitor.
The AG-MDR15 series allows fast forward, fast reverse, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame by frame playback operation.
• Ready for Line Recording HD SDI Input/Output
HD SDI input and HD/SD SDI output (down-converting the image for SD SDI output) are equipped. Digital AV signals can be transmitted up to 100 m (328 ft) with a BNC cable. Line recording of high-quality images from video cameras and switchers is also supported. When connected to a camera recorder, the camera trigger can be interlocked to REC start and stop recording.*
* To use linked and automatic recording, the function must be supported by the connected camera or camera recorder.
• Connects to Microphones and Camera Head for Stereo Audio Recording
The AG-MDR15 series lets you input audio from external microphones (the stereo mini jacks). When the optional AG-MDC10G camera head is connected, audio recording is also possible from the stereo microphones built into the camera head. In either case, it&s easy to adjust the audio input with the level meters displayed on the LCD monitor.
• Monitor Connection HDMI Output Terminal
The AG-MDR15 series is equipped with an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output terminal for digital transferring of high-quality HD image and audio signals.
* The AG-MDR15 series cannot output HDMI and HD/SD SDI signals at the same time. Also, a conversion cable may be required for connecting the AG-MDR15 series to a professional monitor.
* Not compatible with VIERA Link.
• PC Connection via USB 2.0 Terminal (Type mini B)
This lets a Windows PC/Mac installed with the provided AVCCAM Viewer software to ingest, copy, and write HD video files, as well as transfer them to AVCHD-compatible nonlinear editing software for HD image production.