The color space of the BT-LH2550 is 102% that of the NTSC standard, so it exceeds the EBU/SMPTE range that can be displayed by ordinary LCDs. It accurately reproduces colors that are not easily reproduced by conventional displays, including CRTs, to meet the needs of both broadcasters and image production companies, and to work in fields such as digital cinema, CG production, printing, publishing, advertising, and research. The BT-LH2550 also offers three new color space modes in addition to the three conventional modes. The modes are menu switched. Modes can also be assigned to function switches on the front panel for quick and easy changing.
1. SMPTE-C: SMPTE-C standard
2. EBU: EBU standard
3. ITU-709: ITU-R BT.709 standard
4. WIDE1: Adobe color space, gamma of 2.2
5. WIDE2: Adobe color space, gamma of 1.8
6. WIDE3: D-Cinema color space, gamma of 2.6
Color Space Comparison (Simulation): The top part shows the color space when set to the ITU-709 mode. The bottom part shows the color space in the WIDE3 (D-Cinema) mode. This screen image is simulated to show the differences in colors when using different modes.
The BT-LH2550 is a full-HD WUXGA (1920 x 1200-pixel) high-resolution IPS monitor. Thanks to its LCD panel and the flat and lightweight design, the monitor saves space.
This high-brightness, high-contrast, horizontally aligned (using IPS technology) LCD panel has 178° vertical and horizontal viewing angles, the widest viewing angles offered by any LCD display. It delivers high-quality images with superb color accuracy, and exhibits minimal changes in brightness and color due to the viewing angle.
The BT-LH2550 comes installed with software that allows it to be calibrated without using a PC, by simply connecting a manufacturer-designated display color analyzer and measurement probe to the monitor.
*Konica Minolta CA-310 Display Color Analyzer with CA-PU32/PU35 or CA-PSU32/PSU35 Standard Measurement Probe. For more information about the Konica Minolta calibration system, please see the Konica Minolta website.
This function simultaneously displays two images side-by-side from two video inputs. It is especially useful for combining CGs and actual images. Because a single monitor can temporarily serve as two monitors, it helps to save space. It is also possible to set the size, color space, and gamma and RGB gains individually for each input.
*It may not be possible to display both images simultaneously with certain input signal combinations.
• A three-dimensional LUT offering virtually the same color reproduction as CRTs in all video formats.
• Advanced image-enhancing circuitry, including excellent motion response and a diagonal line compensation circuit.
• Wide viewing angles: 178° horizontal and vertical.
• Ideal gradation for broadcast applications. Color temperature can be selected from 9300 K, 6500 K or 5600 K.
• Various marker, cross hatch overlay and blue-only display functions.
• Vector scope and waveform monitoring.
• Audio level meter overlay display (with SDI input).
• Time code and closed caption display.
• Cine-gamma (F-REC) compensation for Varicam shooting.
• RS-232C/GPI remote control terminals.
• Tally lamp (red, green, amber).
• Wall mounting.
Features and Functions (3D/LH Series)