Incredible 20,000 Im* of Brightness
Panasonic’s unique quad-lamp system, with its new high-power UHM lamps, has helped to make the body extremely compact while providing an astounding 20,000 lm* of brightness.
* The PT-DW17K has 17,000 lm of brightness
Panasonic’s Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1* contrast
without lowering its high brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images
with more detailed textures.
* Full on/off, with dynamic iris set to “3”.
This unique Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image, based on the super-high-, high-, medium-, and low-frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images have more natural, lifelike expression.
This unique Panasonic technology optimizes image quality to improve the color perception of the projected image in bright rooms.
With a brightness of 20,000 lm*, it provides highly comfortable viewing even in bright lighting, and allows viewers to concentrate easily on the images.
* The PT-DW17K has 17,000 lm of brightness.
This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity.
* This product is not a medical instrument. Do not use it for actual medical diagnosis.
• 3D color management system
• Full 10-bit image processing
• Progressive cinema scan (3:2 pulldown)
• Dynamic sharpness control
• Digital noise reduction
• IP conversion
• AI scene control
• 2:2 pulldown mode
• sRGB compatibility
• Fine-adjustable color temperature
• Waveform monitor function
Low TCO and an Environmentally Friendly Design
The PT-DZ21K Series projectors lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) because they have a lamp replacement cycle of up to 2,000 hours*. Their environmentally friendly design also includes a low power consumption of 2,300 W.
* The values given for lamp replacement cycles are for landscape orientation. The usage environment affects the lamp replacement cycle.
The four-lamp system allows the projector to keep working even if a lamp should fail. The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection. Quad, Triple, Dual and Single Lamp modes can be used.
For easier maintenance, you can replace the lamp from the rear. This makes it easy to replace a lamp while the projector is still in the mounting bracket or dual stacked.
This new liquid cooling system directly cools the DLP™ chip to improve performance and enable operation up to 45 °C (113 °F).* It allows quiet (49 dB) and versatile use while stabilizing performance. It also helps to make the body compact. And the system is hermetically sealed, so you don’t need to replenish the liquid.
* The operating temperature range is 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F) when the fan control is set to HIGH ALTITUDE MODE (for altitudes from 1,400 m to 2,700 m (4,593 ft to 8,858 ft) above sea level). When the projector is used with the ET-SFR510 Smoke Cut Filter, the operating temperature range is 0 °C to 35 °C (32 °F to 95 °F), and the projector cannot be used in places at high altitude.
The Eco Filter has an electrostatic Micro Cut Filter that collects minute dust particles with an ion effect. It combines with the dust-resistant cabinet to enable long-term use even under harsh conditions. Its maintenance cycle of up to 12,000 hours reduces hassle, and the environmental design lets you wash the filter with water and reuse it.**
* The usage environment affects the filter maintenance cycle.
** When washing with water, please follow the procedures listed in the operating instructions. Also, we recommend replacing the filter with a new one after it has been washed and reused twice. If the filter is not sufficiently clean after washing, replace it with a new one.
The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function can be easily adjusted with the remote control.
The unit can also be rotated 360° vertically*, to accommodate various installation conditions. The lens-centered design contributes to easy installation.
* A special fixture must be attached to the lamp case when the projector is placed at an angle within ±30° (upward/downward) of the vertical.
This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using “Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Ver. 2.7.”
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, color matching.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
The PT-DZ21K Series can project large, multi-screen images without any additional equipment. Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time.
The PT-DZ21K Series has an array of terminals, including DVI-D, HDMI and two RGB inputs.
The PT-DZ21K and PT-DS20K feature a 3D-ready HD/SD-SDI input and 3D sync terminals to connect an emitter for 3D projection.
New Portrait mode allows portrait projection with the PT-DZ21K Series. By mounting the optional ET-LAD510P or ET-LAD510PF lamp unit and updating the projector&s firmware to MAIN Ver. 2.00 or later, the PT-DZ21K Series can be installed in portrait orientation with its terminal side surface facing downward.
Portrait mode adds more solutions for projection mapping, staging, and other needs.
Note: Please contact your sales representative for information on portrait orientation.
* Please contact the sales representative with regard to the frame for portrait orientation. Installation is possible only with the terminal side facing downward. Horizontal rotation and vertical rotation are both limited to 15 degrees. Also, the lamp replacement cycle becomes 500 hours, and this cycle is affected by the usage environment.
** The ET-LAD510P and ET-LAD510PF cannot be used when the projector is in landscape orientation.
Panasonic’s original Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Ver. 2.7 freeware lets you control and monitor multiple projectors at the same time over a wired LAN. If a problem occurs, an alarm message is sent to the monitoring/controlling PC. The terminal connection area is LED illuminated, and a backlight is provided for the control panel buttons, ensuring smooth and easy operation in the dark.
Mechanical lens shutter with fade in/out effect
• P-in-P function*
• 30 m (98.4 ft) long-range wireless remote control with LED backlight
• ID assignment for up to 64 units
• Control device setup function
• Built-in test pattern
• Selectable 10-language on-screen menu
(English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
• RoHS Directive compliant
• Effective theft prevention with the Startup Logo** and chain opening
* This function cannot be used with some input signals and selected inputs.
** Logo Transfer Software required.