The New Lamp Drive System Enables a 5,000-hour* Lamp Replacement Cycle
Panasonic employs a number of advanced technologies – including a proprietary lamp drive system – that help maintain lamp performance . This has resulted in a 5,000-hour* lamp replacement cycle. It helps saving operating cost by providing longer usage between lamp replacements.
* This value is calculated by continuously turning the lamp on for 2 hours and off for 0.25 hours. The lamp replacement cycle will decrease if the lamp is turned on/off more frequently, or if it is left on for longer intervals.
Intelligent Power Management Function Allows Resistance to Sudden Voltage Fluctuations*1
Momentary power outages*2 or voltage drops*3 can cause the projector to shut down, interrupting the projection. The PT-LB3 Series equipped with the Intelligent Power Management function controls the power supply to cope with power fluctuations, to enable continued projection.
*1 Fluctuations may occur in the electricity power supply except the power outage.
*2 Continuing 0V power supply during several tens of milliseconds.
*3 Power supply voltage reduction. Excluding momentary power outage.
Quiet 29-dB* Design Helps to Hold Viewers& Attention
The noise level is as low as 29-dB*. This helps your audience to keep their attention on the discussion or on the screen images during quiet scenes.
* Lamp mode : eco
The Daylight View Basic Function Ensures Clear Images Even in Brightly Lit Rooms
Panasonic&s Daylight View Basic technology achieves sharp, easy-to-see images by clearly reproducing the details in dark image areas, which were previously difficult to see in brightly lit rooms. A built-in sensor measures the ambient light, and the Daylight View Basic function adjusts the halftone color and brightness level according to the surrounding illumination.
Easy Portability with a Compact, A4-File-Size Body
The compact body is the size of an A4 file and weighs only about 2.3 kg, while producing a brightness of 3,200 lm*. Its handy size and weight make it easy to carry from room to room, or to a client&s office for an on-site presentation. It gives you sharp, clear images wherever and whenever you need them.
* For the PT-LB3. The PT-LB2V has a brightness of 2,600 lm and the PT-LB1V has a brightness of 2,200 lm.
Low Standby Power Consumption of 0.3 W*1 Helps the Environment
The ecological design of the PT-LB3 Series greatly reduces its environmental impact. In Eco Standby mode, power consumption is only 0.3 W*1. As examples of other environmental design features, the uncoated cabinet uses no halogenated flame retardants, the lens uses lead-free glass, and an Auto Off Timer switches the projector to Standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time. The PT-LB3 Series also complies with the standards of the RoHS Directive.*2
*1 0.3W at 100-120V AC. 0.4W at 220-240V AC. In Eco Standby mode, network functions such as Standby On via LAN are not available, and only certain commands can be received from RS-232C control.
*2 Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances. The specified toxic substances used in the electrical and electronic equipment that is manufactured and distributed within Europe are controlled (the six substances are lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl esters (PBDE)), and all Panasonic projectors comply with the standards of the European RoHS Directive.
Easy Remote Monitoring and Control Even When Mounted on the Ceilling
A Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status. In addition, Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software is included for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC. The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink™ (Class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors.
Top Panel Lamp Replacement and Side Air Filter Replacement Simplify Maintenance Even for a Ceiling-Mounted Projector
The lamp can be accessed through the top panel for easy replacement, and the air filter can be removed and installed through the side panel. This eliminates the need to detach the projector from its ceiling bracket and greatly simplifies maintenance.
The air filter uses a Micro Cut Filter, which is an electrostatic filter that employs an ion effect to attract and trap dust particles with high efficiency.
Optional Highly Durable Filter for Use in Dusty Areas
The external ET-KFB2 highly durable filter mounts to the PT-LB3 Series projector to boost dust and particle collection. This optional filter is recommended if the projector is to be installed in a dusty area.
Various Interfaces Allow Use with a Wide Range of Systems
Various interfaces: Interfaces include two computer (RGB) inputs, a wired LAN terminal, and a serial (RS-232C) terminal for external control. The serial terminal has an Emulate function that lets you continue using existing control systems when replacing a previous Panasonic model. It is also possible to output audio during Standby mode. This is convenient when connecting an external audio system* through the projector.
* Requires speakers and an audio amplifier.
A Variety of Functions Provide Easy Setup
• With Speed Start, the image quickly appears*1 after you press the power button.
• Single-Leg simplifies adjustment of the projector angle.
• With Real-Time Keystone Correction, the projector automatically senses if you adjust its angle (in the vertical direction) during operation and instantly makes whatever keystone correction is necessary for optimal viewing.
• Auto Signal Search automatically detects what kind of source is connected and begins projection.*2
• On-Screen Help Display: If images cannot be projected when a PC is connected by a VGA cable, this function displays the output setting method for the PC. The Help screen guides you through the button operations according to the maker of the connected PC.
• Input Guidance Function: This function displays on-screen illustrations to show the selected channel and whether the input signal is being received or not. It lets you confirm the input conditions at a glance, even when multiple devices are connected to the input terminals.
• Whiteboard and Blackboard modes are convenient when projecting in rooms that don&t have a screen.
*1 Standby mode : Normal
*2 Searches for approximately 5 minutes after the power is turned on.
Whiteboad and Blackboard modes
Direct Power Off Function - Unplug the Power Cord Immediately After Use
The Direct Power Off function keeps the cooling fan turned on even when you unplug the power cord right after use. Electric power stored inside the unit is used to operate the cooling fan to lower the internal temperature. This lets you put everything away and carry the projector quickly to your next presentation or lecture.
Convenient Carrying Bag
A carrying bag with a handy shoulder strap comes with the projector. It also protects the projector from impacts.
Effective Theft Prevention with the Startup Logo
You can change the default Panasonic start up logo to any logo you want. A new logo can be easily uploaded by connecting a computer to the PT-LB3 Series through the LAN or serial connection by using the Logo Transfer Software*. An abundance of other security measures are also included, such as a security anchor, a user password, a control panel lock, and text superimposing.
* Uploadable still images are limited to 1024 X 768 pixel bitmap files. Also, the application will reduce the number of colors to 191.
• Index Window: You can split the screen into two windows, right and left, and display a frozen (still) image in one and a real-time action image in the other.
• Digital Zoom: Expands selected parts of the display up to three times their original size.*
• Freeze Function: This function lets you display still images by freezing a motion image.
• AV mute: Temporarily turns off both the image and the sound.
• Background Color: When there is no signal from the source device, a solid background color (settable to either blue or black) is displayed on the screen to help prevent connection errors.
• A Compact, Easy-to-Use Wireless Remote Control
• Selectable 17-language on-screen menu.
* Up to two times their original size when using video/S-Video signal input.
Wireless Remote Control
Designed in Japan
The PT-LB3 Series projectors are carefully designed by Panasonic in Japan to meet demands for high quality and performance.