The Panasonic Scholarship is yet another Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program by Panasonic in support of its CSR mission to be a world-class corporation that is committed to sustainable development of its communities. Its aim is to provide scholarship opportunities to privately financed students from Asian countries who wish to pursue a master's course in Japan, to offer financial assistance to foster highly educated experts who can contribute to the development of their countries in the 21st century, and to promote mutual friendship between their home countries and Japan. It's designed to encourage and support excellent students to attain their high educational and professional objectives, enabling them to acquire the knowledge and competencies to become the future leaders of Malaysia
If you are interested to apply for Panasonic's scholarship, kindly follow the guideline as below to apply.
1. Outline of Scholarship and Eligibility
3. How to Apply?
Application will be accepted from 16th January until 4th May, 2012. Registration will open from 16th January, 2012.
Mailing Address and Contact Party in Malaysia:
Panasonic Scholarship Office of Malaysia
c/o Panasonic Management Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Lot 5 Persiaran Tengku Ampuan, Section 21
Shah Alam Industrial Site, 40300 Shah Alam,
Selangor D.E. Malaysia
Contact Person: Ms.Kinjo / Ms.Chong
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
URL : www.panasonic.com.my
Applicants must be citizens of Malaysia
B. Educational Background
• Applicants must major in any one of the SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING disciplines.
• Applicants must have completed 16 years of school education or have been accepted as eligible for enrollment at the targeted graduate schools. However, applicants must have completed their bachelor degrees no more than 4 years prior to the date of their arrival in Japan.
• Applicants must be enrolled as research students at universities in Japan from April in the first year and must also be able to take master’s courses by April of following year at the latest.
• 25 years old and below
• 3.0 and above
E. Assistance and Scholarship
• Before Arrival in Japan
The assistance to be provided before arrival in Japan is described below. Details will be informed to Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) later by the Panasonic Scholarship Office of Malaysia.
1. Application Fee and Entrance Fee Assistance
¥100,000 (or equivalent amount in other currency designated by the Panasonic Scholarship Office of Malaysia) to be provided for enrolling as a research student.
2. Traveling Cost to Japan
"One-way economy-class air ticket from Malaysia to Japan" (or equivalent amount) to be provided.
However, expenses such as inland transportation from Panasonic Scholarship student's (including nominated student's) place of residence to the nearest international airport, airport tax, airport usage charges, special taxes on overseas travel and travel expenses within Japan will be borne by Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students).
amount is subject to be changed
*The first Scholarship payment will be made in April 2013
1st Year (Research student of Graduate School)
Actual amount (Max of ¥200,000 to be paid each HALF YEAR)
2nd - 3rd Year (Master course of Graduate School)
Actual Amount (Max of ¥250,000 to be paid)
F. Requirements for Panasonic Scholarship Students (including nominated students)
• Enrollment in Graduate School and Duration of Research
1. obtain an informal consent from the academic advisor and finish application for enrollment as a research student within 2012,
2. enroll in graduate school as a research student in April 2013,
3. then enroll in a master's course in April 2014 and
4. complete a master's degree in March 2016.
• Japanese Language Proficiency Test
1. Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) are required to obtain a certain level (N4) or above for Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLTP) conducted in Malaysia at the beginning of December 2012.
2. It is said that a student enrolling in a master's course should reach a certain level (N1) or above for JLPT in order for them to successfully study and research at graduate school.
Note: Panasonic recommends a student who has never learned Japanese to start a preparation for Japanese learning before attending the final interview.
G. Forms and Applications (only for short-list applicants)
Short-list Applicants must submit the following documents after e-application screening.The prescribed forms (No.1-3) will be sent to applicants provided email address.
1. Application form (prescribed form No.1)
2. A letter of recommendation from the academic advisor of the university the applicant graduated from (prescribed form No.2)
3. Study and research plan in Japan (prescribed form No.3)
4. Certified copy of university transcript
5. A certified copy of the applicant's degree
6. Three (3) copies of recent photographs (taken in the last six months), size 4x3cm; upper half of the body from the front with head uncovered. The applicant's name is to be written on the reverse side and one copy must be affixed to Application form No.1.
7. Learning History/Master Plan of Japanese
*This plan shall be submitted only by those who attend the final interview.
H. Health Conditions
• Applicants must be medically fit and must be strongly motivated to study in Japan.
• Applicants who are receiving or will receive other scholarships including Japanese Government Scholarships are not eligible for the Panasonic Scholarship.
• Applicants who are already enrolled at graduate schools in Japan are not eligible for the Panasonic Scholarship.
• Applicants must obtain a study visa and arrive in Japan by end of March 2013 to attend the award ceremony to be held at Panasonic Headquarters at the beginning of April 2013.
J. Terms and Conditions
• Procedures Before/After Arrival in Japan
1. Acquisition of Passport
Panasonic Scholarship students (including. nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for getting a passport and bear expenses related.
2. Acquisition of Student Visa
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for getting a student visa and bear expenses related.
3. Acquisition of Admission Approval from Graduate School
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for enrolling as a research student such as getting an admission approval from a graduate school.
4. Reservation of Accommodation
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for reserving an accommodation and bear expenses related.
5. Application for Alien Registration
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for applying for the alien registration and bear expense related.
6. Subscription to Medical Insurance
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) must compile responsibly all the necessary documents, follow the required procedures and preparations for subscribing to the National Health Insurance and bear expenses related.
Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) are recommended to refer to the Student Guide to Japan issued by Japan Student Service Organization on all initial expenses incurred after arrival in Japan.
• Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) are required to observe Panasonic Scholarship’s Rules and follow instructions given by the Panasonic Scholarship Office of Japan/Malaysia and to submit the necessary documents such as a monthly report, Japanese language progress report, Notice of Informal Consent issued by your target professor and Notice of Admission etc without delay.
• Panasonic reserves the right to suspend temporarily or terminate immediately the scholarship if Panasonic finds Panasonic Scholarship students (including nominated students) to be in violation of the scholarship conditions.
• Panasonic also reserve the right to claim a partial or full refund of the scholarship, entrance fee assistance and tuition fee assistance amount previously-provided when a serious violation of the principles and objectives of the Panasonic Scholarship is found.
• The documents submitted shall not be returned under any circumstances.