• 2/3-inch interchangeable lens system
• Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC)
• Progressive 3CCD
• Variable frame rate
• HD/SD multi-format capabilities
The AG-HPX502EN P2HD shoulder-mount camcorder delivers production-quality 2/3" progressive 3-CCDs, DVCPRO HD quality codec, multi HD and SD formats, variable frame rates and four independent audio channels.
In addition, the AG-HPX502EN offers the outstanding benefits of P2 solid state recording including ultra-fast IT workflow and no-moving-parts reliability, which makes the camera ideal for use in harsh environments.
At only 3.8 kg (8.4 lbs), the AG-HPX502EN features a high-performance digital signal processor (DSP) with 14-bit A/D conversion and 19-bit processing that handles HD/SD format conversion simultaneously -- ensuring spectacular images in all video formats for applications ranging from news acquisition, independent filmmaking, corporate video, sports and much more. To give your productions tremendous flexibility, the AG-HPX502EN records in over 32 HD and SD formats.
The camcorder records on re-usable, removable P2 cards. With Panasonic's new 64GB P2 cards and four P2 slots on the AG-HPX502EN, the camera records for 256 min (4 hours) of DVCPRO HD; 512 min (8 hours) of DVCPRO 50; and 1024 min (17 hours) of DVCPRO.
• Records in 1080/60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p; in 720/60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p; and in DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV
• Excellent low-light performance and a high sensitivity of F10
• Equipped with eight gamma modes, including CineGamma, for different shooting situations
• Like the AJ-HDC27 VariCam camera, variable frame rates in 11 steps between 12p and 60p allows undercranking/overcranking for fast- or slow-motion effects
• Users have immediate access to P2 content with clip thumbnail view and advanced recording features including hot swapping, loop record, shot-marking, pre-record functions (three seconds in HD and seven seconds in SD), one-shot and interval.
• Key interfaces include IEEE 1394, USB 2.0, HD SDI/SDI, genlock, built-in SMPTE time code, independent TC-IN/TC-OUT terminals, composite video, analog component and four audio XLR inputs
• 4-position Neural Density filter
• Low power consumption of 22 watts (when 3.5" LCD monitor and 1.5" viewfinder are in use)
• 3.5" color LCD screen (with image flip function) located at rear of the camera
• Chromatic Aberration Compensation function allows the camera to automatically compensate the registration error that is caused mainly by lens chromatic aberration and minimize the circumjacent blur.