The AJ-PX270 is the first P2 HD handheld camera recorder with AVC-ULTRA recording and built-in microP2 card slots. In addition to the established AVC-Intra100, it has AVC-LongG for extended recording and AVC-Intra200*2 for master level recording. AVC-LongG25 enables extended 1920 x 1080 10 bit 4:2:2 broadcast-quality recording (four times longer than AVC-Intra100). A newly designed, built-in, compact 22x zoom lens covers a wide range from 28 mm to 616 mm. Three lens rings (Cam-Type Zoom, Focus, Iris) provide comfortable manual control similar to interchangeable lenses. The newly
developed high-sensitivity and low-noise 1/3 type 3MOS sensors produce superb image, even in dim light. Two microP2 card slots enable the ultimate cost-effective operation. The microP2 card, with the same reliability of the P2
card, can be used without an adapter. Simultaneous recording is also possible for backup use. A wireless LAN dongle*2 is available (a 3G/4G/LTE dongle is scheduled for use in the near future). These network functions make workflows more efficient. For example, low-bit-rate proxy*3 and metadata are quickly and easily transmitted.
* 1: AVC-ULTRA is the name of Panasonic's professional video codec family. The AJ-PX270 does not support all of the formats included in the AVC-ULTRA family.
* 2: Option *3: The use of DCF Technologies is under license from Multi-Format, Inc.
• A newly designed, compact, 22x zoom lens covers from wide 28 mm to tele 616 mm.
• Three manual operation lens rings — zoom, focus and iris.
• New 1/3 type 3MOS image sensors achieve high sensitivity, low noise and 1920 x 1080 Full-HD resolution.
• AVC-LongG50/25 and AVC-Intra100/50 codecs are provided as standard features. AVC-LongG50/25 codecs achieve 10 bit/4:2:2 image quality at a data rate of approximately 50/25 Mbps.
• Optional AVC-Intra200 codec for visually lossless images that approach uncompressed master quality.
• Low-bit-rate AVC-Proxy*2 for network use.
• Two microP2 card slots enable the ultimate cost-effective operation. The microP2 card, with the same reliability as the P2 card, can be used without an adapter.
• Simultaneous recording enables safe, secure backup recording onto two media cards.
• The network function speeds up the broadcasting workflow from shooting to on-air transmission.
• An optional wireless module allows wireless LAN connection for tablet*4 or smartphone*4 linking.
• A 3G/4G/LTE dongle is scheduled for use in the near future.