|•||High Sensitivity 1MOS Sensor|
|•||Intelligent 50x Zoom|
|•||Blur-Free Images with HYBRID O.I.S.+|
|•||2D to 3D Conversion Function|
|•||AVCHD Progressive Compliant 1080/50p Recording|
|•||Advanced Highlight Playback|
|•||Intuitive Touch-Screen Operation with a Wide 3.0” LCD|
|•||HC-V500M includes 16GB Built-in Memory/SD Card|
The HC-V500 enable ultra-telephoto 50x zoom shooting with a compact body. They use an Intelligent Zoom that employs super-high resolution technology, the Image Processing LSI "Crystal Engine PRO ", and offer ultra-telephoto Intelligent Zoom shooting to exceed the magnification range of the ordinary optical zoom. The new models can capture beautiful pictures beyond the ordinary 38x optical zoom and up to a high-powered 50x zoom. This powerful zoom brings faraway subjects right up close to capture dynamic images that fill the entire frame.
HYBRID O.I.S. + uses five-axis correction to thoroughly suppress blurring all the way from wide-angle shots to powerful zoom shots. It also achieves superb effects when shooting while walking. This lets the user capture crisp, clear images, without blurring, in almost every shooting situation. This revolutionary five-axis correction function corrects the kind of roll direction hand-shake that often occurs when shooting while walking, in addition to horizontal, vertical, yawing, and pitching four-axis correction.
The 2D to 3D Conversion function makes it easy to enjoy 3D images without even mounting the 3D Conversion Lens. Simply connect the camcorder to a 3D-compatible TV with an HDMI cable. The 2D to 3D Conversion function then uses the image processing capability of the engine to convert 2D images into 3D. This is an easy, casual way to enjoy the excitement of 3D.
1080/50p recording (Full-HD 1920 x 1080, 50 progressive recording) at a 28-Mbps bit rate conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording to produce ultimately beautiful image quality. It minimizes afterimages and flickering caused by subject motion, and renders crisp, detailed images with smooth-looking motion even when shooting a fast-moving subject in a sports event. The progressive recording fully complies with the new AVCHD Progressive standard.
The Advanced Highlight Playback function is designed for users who want to view recorded images as quickly as possible. It detects zooming, panning, scene changes, faces, etc., in recorded images as "highlights" by using the I.I.S. (Intelligent Index System). In addition to these automatically selected scenes, the user can add others as desired. Then, it automatically plays back the detected highlight scenes according to a set time interval and save them.
• An SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card utilizes a portion of the storage space for formatting and other purposes.
• We recommend using SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory cards conforming to class 4 or higher of the SD Speed Class Rating or the following SD Memory Cards made by Panasonic for motion picture recording.
• Please confirm the latest information about SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards that can be used for motion picture recording on the following website. Camcorder information (This website is in English only.)
*1 SDXC Memory Cards can only be used in SDXC host devices, which support the SDXC format.
*2 SDHC Memory Cards can only be used in SDXC and SDHC host devices, which support the SDHC/SDXC format.
*3 1GB means 1 billion bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
*4 Available in Europe.
*5 The data transfer rate is a theoretical value and is not guarantee of performance. The transfer rate may vary depending on the conditions and equipment used.
*6 This card complies with SD Memory Card Physical Layer Specification Ver.3.0 (SDHC)/Ver.1.10 (SD). When using this card with SD-enabled products that comply with the specification, a speed performance of up to 20MB/sec. can be realized. When using it with SD-enabled products that comply with the conventional specification Ver. 1.01, the speed performance will be up to 10MB/sec.
*7 Available in Europe, Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Africa.
*8 Available in Americas.
*9 Available in Americas, Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Africa.
• These figures vary depending on the pictures being recorded.
• We recommend using SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards conforming to class 4 or higher of the SD Speed Class Rating or the following SD Memory Cards made by Panasonic for motion-image recording.
• Please confirm the latest information about SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards that can be used for motion-image recording, on the following website. Camcorder Information (This website is in English only.)
* 1 GB means 1 billion bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
** 1080/50p for PAL area.
• These figure vary depending on the pictures being recorded.
* 1 GB means 1 billion bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
• This is a guideline that includes time for operations such as starting and stopping the recording, turning the power on and off, and zooming. The actual time is shorter.
• About HD Writer AE 4.0:
Even if the system requirements mentioned in these operating instructions are fulfilled, some personal computers cannot be used.
This software is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows NT.
Supplied CD-ROM is available for Windows only.
Operation on an upgraded OS is not guaranteed.
When 2 or more USB devices are connected to a PC, or when devices are connected though USB hubs or by using extension cables, proper operation is not guaranteed.
Operation on an OS other than the one pre-installed is not guaranteed.
This software does not support the multi-boot environments.
This software does not support the multi-monitor environments.
Operation is not guaranteed on Windows XP Media Center Edition, Tablet PC Edition, Windows Vista Enterprise or Windows 7 Enterprise.
Available with administrator account in Windows XP.
Available with administrator account or standard account in Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Installation and uninstallation of the software requires an administrator account.)