Panasonic UK, ‘Superfans Skydive’ Competition
1. Panasonic UK Superfans Skydive competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”) is promoted by Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH whose registered address is Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FP (“the Promoter”)
2. The Competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of the Promoter, its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
3. The Competition starts at 12:00 on June 9th 2016 and closes 12.00 midday Thursday 23rd June 2016. (“the Competition Period”). Any entries posted or submitted before or after these times will not be considered.
4. In order to qualify for the Competition, participants must share a photo or video of them showing their support for Team GB on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use “#Jump” and “#Superfans” in their post or tweet.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
6. Incomplete, incorrect, or otherwise invalid entries will not be considered. There is no limit on the number of entries per participants.
7. It is a condition of entry that participants agree to abide strictly by the rules of the Competition.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
10. The Promotor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, and remove them immediately from the Promotor’s social media pages, if the Promotor considers such entries may potentially damage the reputation or image of the Promoter in any way including but not limited to entries deemed to be fraudulent, illegal or showing any illegal, immoral, lewd or disrespectful behaviour.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude participants and withhold the prize for violation of any of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for any entries that are delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid or if entry was not possible due to technical difficulties.
14. The Competition will have one winner which will be announced on or before June 30th 2016.
15. The prize will be the opportunity for one person - the winner or person nominated by the winner - to participate in a tandem skydive with the Red Devils on 13th July 2016 (“the Prize”).
16. The winner will receive up to £75 to go towards their travel costs upon presentation of receipts.
17. The Prize is as stated and does not include any additional travel costs, photography/video of the event, food and drink, personal expenditure or any other incidental costs. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they comply with the requirements of the Red Devils current terms stated in the Appendix of these Terms and Conditions subject to variation.
18. There is no cash alternative to this prize. The prize is also non-transferable.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
20. The winner will be selected from all valid entries received by a panel of judges as selected by the Promotor.
21. The winner of the Competition will be selected based on the most original, creative entry with overall entertainment value.
22. The winner will be announced on Twitter and Facebook on or before June 30th 2016.
23. The winner will be contacted via direct message on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. If a winner fails to acknowledge the prize within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected from the remaining eligible qualifying entries. Please therefore ensure that you check your social media notifications/emails regularly.
24. If it transpires a winner has not met the requirements of these terms and conditions, a new winner will be selected from the remaining eligible qualifying entries.
25. All images submitted must be the work of the participant submitting them. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Participants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it
26. Participants agree by entering the Competition that the winning entry can be used by the Promoter for marketing and promotional purposes.
27. By participating in this Competition participants confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and that you grant the Promotor
a. Permission for your entry to be published on the Promoter’s website; and
b. non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in the Promoter’s publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions
c. The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
Privacy and Data Protection
28. Any personal data relating to participants will be used in accordance with UK Data Protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the individual’s prior consent unless to fulfil any requirements of the Competition
29. By participating in this Competition, the winners agree to participate in any reasonable marketing and promotional activities required by the Promoter.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any amendment to the Terms and Conditions will be posted on this website.
31. The Promoter will not be liable to any participant or the Prize winner (or person nominated by the Prize winner) for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with participating in this Competition or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
32. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Red Devils terms
Bad weather restrictions
If bad weather (or circumstances beyond the Red Devils or drop zone’s control) prevents you from skydiving on 13th July 2016, the indoor training which takes place pre-jump will still go ahead and we will endeavour to arrange a new date for the skydive.
Suitability to skydive
The maximum weight and height for a tandem skydive with the Red devils for men is 15 stone and for women is 13st. Maximum height is 6'2”. If you are not within the published weight/height limits on the day of your jump and the Red Devils decide it is not safe to jump with you; you may forfeit your skydive and any payments you have made. Your weight and height must be in proportion.
The final decision on your suitability to skydive rests entirely with the Red Devil Tandem instructors. You must not consume alcohol on the day of your skydive, or to excess the night before.
Age and Medical Restrictions
The minimum age for skydiving is 16 years old, there is no upper age limit for tandem skydives, however anyone that is aged over 60 will be assessed on the day for suitability.
If you are aged between 16 and 18 you must obtain a parent or guardians consent by completing the relevant section of the British Parachute Association Membership Agreement and signing as a witness on the Declaration of Fitness form.
BPA Fitness forms Tandem skydiving
· All tandem jumpers are required to sign a Form 115a BPA Tandem Student Medical Information & Declaration .
· Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions, injuries or disabilities must bring a copy of the Form 115b Tandem Student Parachutists Doctors Medical ***
Please note only the issued British Parachute Association forms can be used for this purpose; a GP's letter is not sufficient.
Forms are available on request, and will also be sent to you prior to your jump. Please take these forms with you on the day of your skydive. Without these forms you will not be able to skydive.
If you would like to keep a copy of your declaration of fitness form please take a copy before you hand it over to the Red Devils – they will keep the original for their records and may not be able to provide you with a copy.
The principal medical restrictions for all jumps are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. If you are in any doubt please download the Student Tandem Parachutist Declaration of Fitness form for further details. The form includes notes for Doctors and notes for anyone wishing to skydive.
You must comply with the drop zone’s rules at all times
We accept no responsibility for personal injury or losses of any kind whilst you are participating in a tandem skydive, by entering this competition to win a skydive you accept the risks inherent in the sport. You may elect to buy additional insurance cover over and above the included standard BPA 3rd party policy; which provides up to £2 million 3rdparty cover. Click and Jump can suggest companies that provide this service however are not authorised to recommend any particular insurance product.