This Data Protection Notice describes how we collect, process, use, and protect any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of you as an identified or identifiable individual collected via the Website (“Personal Data”). Any Personal Data that you provide to us with your consent or that are collected through your use of the Website is subject to this Notice and our Cookies Policy . By using this Website you are consenting to the terms of this Notice.
The Website is operated by Panasonic UK a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe, Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, RG12 8FP (“Panasonic,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), and Panasonic acts as the data controller in relation to the Personal Data.
1. We Protect Your Data
We use necessary organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect the Personal Data under our control, such as control of access, transmission, input and availability and the separation of data. Account and credit card details, which you provide within our eShop remain encrypted in our secure web server. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting us (see Contacting Us , below).
2. Retention of Data Collected
We will retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary to fulfil the respective purpose outlined either in this Notice or in other communication to you, unless a longer retention period is required by law, but in any case no longer than the retention period permitted by law. Thereafter, your Personal Data will be deleted and/or returned in accordance with applicable law requirements or as detailed in the Cookies Policy.
3. Use by Children
The Website is not directed at and should not be accessed by individuals under the age of fifteen (15), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Data through the Website.
Minors must obtain express consent from parents or legal guardians prior to accessing or providing any Personal Data.
4. Collection of Personal Data
· To process your enquiries and to fulfil your requests Panasonic collects Personal Data that you provide by means of contact forms on this Website, including your name, address, or any other Personal Data which you include in the respective form. Users may at any time request deletion of their Personal Data.
· Panasonic also collects email addresses and zip codes/post codes if you expressly subscribe to our promotional communications and newsletters and after we have received your express confirmation (hence a double opt-in)that Panasonic may provide our promotional communication and newsletters to you.
· Users may at any time opt out of receiving our promotional communications and newsletters. Panasonic provides several opportunities to opt out, for example you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in our promotional communications and newsletters.
· Panasonic collects bank account or credit card information(payment information), if you register to our eShop Website.
· Panasonic collects Personal Data that you provide by participating in community postings (i.e., chat, forum, or bulletin boards). In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected:
· Registration information in order to enable you to participate in community postings, which comprises of your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, and contact details;
· Information that you voluntarily choose to share to enable the publishing of such community postings.
· Panasonic collects Personal Data that you provide in the context of participating in online games, free prize draws, competitions, sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions (“Activities”) offered on the Website. (Additional consent will be obtained for certain data processing Activities). In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected:
· Registration information in order to enable you to participate in an online game, sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, which comprises of your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, and contact details.
· Your Personal Data provided for the purpose of participation in online games, sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions may be disclosed to the following Recipients:
· Third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, free prize draws, competitions and similar promotions, which are identifiable during each sweepstake, contest, free prize draw, competition or similar promotion.
· Panasonic may collect Personal Data that you provide by uploading content (e.g., video or photos) onto the Website. In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected in order to publish the content on the Website:
· Your name;
· Your email address;
· Content that you choose to upload.
· Signing up or registering to one of our Websites, such as the Lumix G Experience will enable you to use the same login or registration information on the other Websites, e. g. eShop and MyPanasonic.
5. Purposes for the collection of Personal Data
Subject to your express consent Personal Data are used for the following purposes:|
· To send you important information regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions and policies, and other administrative information;
· To administer these Activities, which may have rules which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read the rules carefully;
· For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
· For the following purposes
(a) under applicable law;
(b) to comply with legal proceedings;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
(d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions ;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates (“Affiliates”))
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you, or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If the purpose for which you have given your consent is fulfilled or not further pursued, your Personal Data will be deleted.
6. Sensitive Personal Data
We ask you not to provide us with any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., Social Security numbers or welfare benefits, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise. Panasonic only collects or processes sensitive Personal Data in respect of your bank account details to the extent as needed for billing purposes and only if voluntarily provided by the user.
7. Categories of Recipients
· Data processors, who act on our behalf, are referred to as Service Providers. Service providers will process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and on the basis of individual data processing agreements to ensure their compliance with applicable data protection law. Service Providers provide services, such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer services, email delivery services, auditing services, and other similar services. In case a Service Provider is located in a country outside of the EU/EAA and the law of such country does not provide a data protection level comparable to the one of the EU/EEA we will ensure, that the Service Provider will adhere to the data protection level of the EU/EEA by agreeing special model clauses, provided as a template by the EU Commission (“EU Model Terms”).
· Personal Data may also be disclosed by you on our message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services provided by us, to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Data, or any other information, on the Website.
8. Country Specific rules
Links to Third Party Websites
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website to which this Website contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply endorsement of the linked website by us or by any of our Affiliates.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time-to-time. We therefore advise you to regularly review this Notice for any changes. Before the Notice is materially altered we will inform you and if needed you will be asked to give your express consent to the continued processing of your personal data. The last changes to this Notice were made in September 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your Personal Data or if you wish to correct, block, rectify, object, access, revoke your consent to this Notice or delete any of your Personal Data, please contact:
Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
Registered No. BR015033
Or by email
Date last updated : December 2015