The AG-AC130 feature the progressive-compatible U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) image sensor (1/3-type 2.2-megapixel MOS sensor) that is used in broadcast P2HD camera recorders. This image sensor offers high sensitivity and low noise to enable shooting in low-light conditions. In Professional AVCHD PH mode, they can record high-quality Full-HD images.
The AG-AC130 is equipped with a newly designed, large diameter zoom lens, with a filter diameter of 72 mm. This 21x (f =28mm to 588mm, 35mm equivalent) zoom lens covers a wide field of view, from wide-angle to telephoto, without a conversion lens. The lens is provided with three rings -- a mechanical (cam-type) zoom ring, a focus ring and an iris ring -- for the same kind of manual operation that you get with an interchangeable lens.
• AVCHD PH mode: Employs the advanced AVCHD HD recording format. Supports the high-image-quality PH mode for professional applications, and allows high-quality Full-HD (1920 x 1080) recording at a high bit rate of 24 Mbps (average: 21 Mbps).
• DV mode: Records SD video in a DV-format file (AVI Type 2) for added flexibility. Standard DV output (IEEE 1394) lets you upload files to a PC or Mac.
• 4-position (clear, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel.
• SDXC-compatible dual card slots enable relay recording using two memory cards as well as backup recording.
• DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights.
• New area focus and area iris functions.
• Waveform and vectorscope display.
• Selectable gamma settings, such as cine-like gamma, for rich gradation.
• Convenient features and functions include scene file, user buttons and focus assist functions.
• High-resolution, high-brightness viewfinder and LCD monitor.
• XLR 2-channel audio input terminals supporting a 48 V phantom power supply.
• Interval REC (AVCHD only), Pre-REC and time stamp recording possible.
• TC/UB recording function with initial TC value synchronization.