• High-Powered Lens, High-Sensitivity Sensor and High-Quality Full-HD 10 Bit 4:2:2 Recording
• 21x Zoom Lens with Wide Coverage from Wide-Angle to Telephoto
• High-End Operation with Multi-Camera Synchronizing and VFR Recording
The AG-HPX250 features the progressivecompatible U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) image sensor (1/3-type 2.2-megapixel MOS sensor) that is used in broadcast P2HD camera recorders. This image sensor offers high sensitivity and low noise to enable shooting in low light conditions. In AVC-Intra 100 mode, they can record high-quality Full-HD images.
The AG-HPX250 is equipped with a newly designed, large-diameter zoom lens, with a filter diameter of 72 mm. This 21x (f = 28mm to 588mm, 35mm equivalent) zoom lens covers a wide field of view, from wide-angle to telephoto, without a conversion lens. The lens is provided with three rings -- a mechanical (cam-type) zoom ring, a focus ring and an iris ring -- for the same kind of manual operation that you get with an interchangeable lens.
Offered for the first time in a handheld camera recorder, AVC-Intra is a codec based on advanced MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 moving picture compression technology. It uses an intra-frame compression system to achieve high compression, high image quality and high editing performance. You can select AVC-Intra 100 for full 10 bit 4:2:2 fullsample recordings with 1980 x 1080 pixels or AVC-Intra 50 for video quality similar to DVCPRO HD and twice the recording time. The AG-HPX250 also offers DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO and DV recording.
• Multi-camera synchronizing: GENLOCK input and TC input/output allow synchronization of multiple cameras. Ideal for multi-camera live relay and recording systems.
• HD SDI/HDMI output: For broadcasting and professional system operation.
• VFR (variable frame rate): Enables film-camera-like image effects with overcranking for slow-motion and undercranking for quick-motion effects. 1080 setting: up to 30p, 720 setting: up to 60p (both at 59.94 Hz).
• HD multi-formats including native 24p. Switching of 59.94 Hz/50 Hz also possible, for use with worldwide HD video formats.
• 4-position (clear, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel.
• XLR 2-channel audio input terminals supporting a 48 V phantom power supply.
• DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights.
• Waveform and vectorscope display.
• Selectable gamma settings, such as cine-like gamma, for rich gradation.
• Convenient features and functions include scene file, user buttons and focus assist functions.
• High-resolution, high-brightness viewfinder and LCD monitor.
• Two P2 card slots enable consecutive recording and hot-swapping.
• One-clip rec stores multiple, consecutive cuts into a single file.
• Pre-rec, loop rec, one-shot rec and interval rec capability.
• Text memos and shot markers can be added.
• IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0 (Host/Device) interface.