• A Wide Color Space with Six Color Space Modes
• Supports three types of 3D video input: simultaneous, line-by-line and side-by-side
• Capable of displaying 3D images for viewing with 3D Polarized Eyewear
A Wide Color Space with Six Color Space Modes (3D/2D) The color space of the BT-3DL2550 is 102% that of the NTSC standard, so it exceeds the EBU/SMPTE range that can be displayed by ordinary LCDs. It accurately reproduces colors that are not easily reproduced by conventional displays, including CRTs, to meet the needs of both broadcasters and image production companies, and to work in fields such as digital cinema, CG production, printing, publishing, advertising, and research. The BT-3DL2550 offers three wide color space modes of Adobe RGB γ=2.2, γ=1.8) and D-Cinema (γ=2.6) in addition to the three broadcast modes of SMPTE, EBU and ITU-709.
• Precise 10 bit image processing uses a three-dimensional LUT (Look Up Table) for each RGB color to achieve faithful color reproduction from low to high brightness levels.
• The diagonal line compensation circuit minimizes jagged noise on diagonal lines.
• The high-speed, high-performance I/P conversion circuit achieves superb motion response with a delay of less than one field between input and panel display.
• Improved response time in intermediate gradations provides vivid and clear image displays without blurring.
In order to match the LCD monitor to professional broadcasting applications, compensation is conducted for each monitor in 256 discrete RGB steps, rated gamma properties (g = 2.2) are reproduced, and gradation suitable for broadcasting is achieved. Color temperature of 9300K/6500K/5600K; and 3000K to 9300K can be selected with the variable setting.
The BT-3DL2550 comes installed with software that allows it to be calibrated without using a PC, by simply connecting a manufacturer designated display color analyzer and measurement probe to the monitor.
The BT-3DL2550 is equipped with a cine-gamma (F-REC) compensation function for compatibility as a monitor for a Varicam camera recorder. This function supports the production of movies, film-like HDTV programs, and TV commercials.
This function displays two images on main screen and subscreen sections from two video inputs selected from VIDEO, SDI1, SDI2, YPBPR/RGB or DVI-D. The main screen section displays moving images or still pictures, and settings such as gamma, color gamut, R gain and B gain can be adjusted on the image in the subscreen section. It is also possible to change the sizes of the main screen and subscreen sections to L/S, M/M or S/L. This function is especially useful for combining CGs, adjusting viewing angles of multiple camera images, and matching colors. Since this enables a single BT-3DL2550 to serve as two monitors, it also saves space.
*It may not be possible to display both images simultaneously with certain input signal combinations.
Various markers can be displayed in both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios.
• Aspect Marker (16:9): 4:3, 13:9, 14:9, CNSCO or VISTA, with background brightness control of Black (0%), Half (50%) or Normal (100%).
• Safe Area Marker (16:9/4:3): 95%, 93%, 90%, 88% or 80%. In 16:9 mode, the BT-3DL2550 can display a superimposed safe area marker of both 16:9 and 4:3 simultaneously.
• Center Marker (16:9/4:3): ON/OFF. The center marker can be displayed together with another marker, as shown in the example on the above.
• Cross Hatch Overlay (3D/2D): Displays grids with 120 pixel intervals. This is useful for horizontal/vertical adjustment.
* Vertical lines are displayed with intervals equaling approximately 6% of the screen width.
• HV Delay Display (2D): Displays the video blanking period.
• Audio Level Meter (3D/2D): Displays a skeleton bar meter showing the SDI embedded audio input level over the video image. The display can be selected from 2 channels, 4 channels, 8 channels or OFF.
• Mono Mode (3D/2D): Displays images in black-and-white.
• Time Code Display (3D/2D): Displays the time code selected from VITC, LTC or UB when an HD SDI signal is input.
• Closed Caption Display (2D): Displays closed captions (32 characters x 15 lines) when a video (NTSC) signal is input.
The BT-3DL2550 is a full-HD WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixel) high resolution IPS monitor. The interface section and operation section are integrated into the compact body. Taking advantage of the slim size and light weight of the LCD panel, this integrated design enhances setup flexibility and simplifies operation.
Each of the function keys on the front panel can be assigned with a function selected from various display and switchover functions to enable one-touch display ON/OFF or mode change. These function buttons speed operation and customize the functions to the individual user’s needs.
Functions Assignable to Function Keys
HV Delay/Autosetup/Blue Only/Gamma Select/Color Space/SD Aspect/Scan/Two Window/Sub Input Sel./Marker/Level Meter/Cross Hatch/Mono/Time Code/Closed Caption/Anamo/3D Input Type/Simul Mode/H Mirror/Undef
(Operable functions vary slightly between 3D and 2D.)
• SDI (HD/SD): Two SDI inputs with an automatic HD/SD switching function, which can be used for simultaneous 3D input, and one SDI active through output are provided as standard.
• DVI-D (HDCP supported): This terminal can be used for 3D line-by-line/side-by-side input as well as connection of a digital device. It connects to an HDMI cable via a commercially available conversion cable.
* DVI-A (analog) and DVI-DL (Dual Link) are not supported.
• Analog (2D only): Equipped with composite and component (switchable between YPBPR and RGB) terminals. The RGB input allows the use of the BT-3DL2550 as a PC monitor.
• RS-232C (9 pin) and GPI (9 pin) remote input terminals
• Tally lamps (red and green)
• Headphone jack
• Silent design with fanless drive ideal for use in editing studios and MA rooms
• Power Save mode reduces power consumption
• Wall-mountable (BT-WMA26G Wall-Mounting Hardware sold separately)
The Xpol®*1 polarizing filter, which arranges micro-polarizers in a precise array, is bonded to the front surface of the LCD panel. This allows the viewing of 3D images*2 recorded by the line-byline method using 3D Polarized Eyewear. Two pairs of 3D Polarized Eyewear are supplied with the product. Additional 3D Polarized Eyewear (BT-PGL10G) are available as options.
*1: Xpol® is a registered trademark of Arisawa Mfg. Co., Ltd.
*2: Due to the characteristics of the Xpol®*1 polarizing filter, it is necessary to view 3D images from a position perpendicular to the LCD panel surface in order to properly perceive 3D effects.
The BT-3DL2550 supports three 3D video input systems: simultaneous, line-by-line and side-by-side. It allows 3D images to be viewed from a line-by-line signal source. It accepts the output from the AG-3DA1 Integrated Twin-Lens 3D Camera Recorder and from existing 3D camera systems such as rig-type 3D camera systems as well as 3DTV broadcast signals, thus meeting virtually all production, editing and transmission needs.
• Simultaneous: Outputs left- and right-eye images through separate SDI lines. This system transmits FULL HD 3D video signals.
• Line-by-line: Allocates left- and right-eye images to odd-numbered lines and even-numbered lines. Conventional equipment for 2D video can be used with this signal type.
• Side-by-side: Splits the screen into left and right halves, and then combines the left and right images for viewing. This system is used mainly for 3DTV broadcasts.
The BT-3DL2550 is equipped with a special display function for adjusting images acquired with a rig-type 3D camera system (mirror type or side-by-side type). The following display/adjustment functions support lens axis adjustment and color matching when receiving simultaneous dual HD SDI inputs from a rig-type 3D camera system. This allows the BT-3DL2550 to respond widely to professional 3D production needs.
Display Selection: The screen display can be switched to normal 3D image display (line-by-line), overlay display, single channel (Left/Right) display or comparison display.
• Overlay Display: Displays left- and right-eye images together.
• Single Channel Display: Displays left- or right-eye images.
• Comparison Display: Displays left- and right-eye images next to each other.* This display mode is suitable for color matching and gradation adjustment for left-eye and right-eye cameras.
- Half Mirror Function: Inverts the right-eye image signal to flip the displayed image in the horizontal direction. This allows the 3D viewing of video input from a mirror type 3D camera system.
- H Shift Function: Shifts the image of one channel in the left right direction while showing an overlay display. This function is convenient for lens axis adjustment.
* The two screen images are the same in size and have an aspect ratio of 16:9. The Marker function cannot be used in this mode.