High-quality fundamental performance that meets professional needs
Enhanced 20.3MP MOS sensor with AR coating
Equipped with 20.3MP MOS Sensor with AR (Anti Reflection) coating. It effectively suppresses flare and captures the expression of light as it is even in a harsh shooting environment surrounded by strong light such as backlight. And the design without the Low Pass Filter maximizes the resolution. Furthermore, in combination with Venus Engine, maximum ISO25600 (Photo) / ISO12800 (Creative Video mode) is achieved, and at the same time, noise is effectively suppressed even during high-sensitivity shooting, achieving a natural and three-dimensional image. Achieves high-quality visual beauty for both videos and still images.
Autofocus featuring AI technology
Panasonic’s advanced control technology encompasses sensor, engine, and LUMIX lenses helps to optimize optical and focusing performance. The sensor and lens communicate at high speed, when combined with the DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology to identify and lock onto your subject. Deep learning technology makes possible the recognition of human faces, eyes, heads, and bodies, as well as common animals (dogs, cats and birds).
6.5-stop Dual I.S. 2 (Image Stabilizer)
It's difficult to handhold a camera at the best of times, but don't fret: with the 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 (Image Stabilizer), intelligent compensation comes to your aid. This is the equivalent to 6.5 doublings of exposure duration, meaning you can use a 6.5-stop slower shutter speed up to tele-end.* The LUMIX GH5M2 eliminates shake in both body and lens even at the telephoto setting. It also works in both photo and video recording, including 4K video. The astonishing power of the 5-axis Body I.S. with 5-stop compensation power corrects shake for all lenses, even those not equipped with O.I.S.**
* Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=140mm (35mm camera equivalent f=280mm) when H-FS14140 is used.
**Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=60mm (35mm camera equivalent f=120mm) when H-ES12060 is used.
USB power supply / power charging
Convenient during long shoots in the studio and elsewhere, this feature allows you to supply power to the camera while charging the battery.* A USB 3.1 Type-C adaptor is included that is compatible with the USB PD (USB Power Delivery) standard.
* Battery must be installed in camera and retain some charge for feature to work.
• USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
Includes Panasonic’s latest high-capacity battery pack, the DMW-BLK22 (2200mAh).*
* Also supports Panasonic’s DMW-BLF19 (1860mAh) battery pack, included with the LUMIX GH5.
1,840k free-angle monitor
The LUMIX GH5M2 features a 1840k-dot 3.0-inch LCD. With outstanding brightness and a wide color gamut, it offers high visibility for outdoor shoots. Its free-angle touch screen makes it easy to compose high- and low-angle shots, further adding to the convenience and flexibility of the camera.
3,680k-dot 0.76x OLED LVF
With approximately 3,680k dots resolution and 0.76x magnification (35mm camera equivalent), the OLED live viewfinder presents the subject with fine gradations and high clarity throughout. OLED displays are favored for their excellent responsiveness. The LVF of the LUMIX GH5M2 is therefore able to offer an ultra-fast display speed of 120fps,* helping users keep quick-moving subjects in view.
* The display speed may be freely switched between 120fps and 60fps.
Tough body for a wide range of weather conditions
The magnesium alloy full die-cast frame is highly durable, while sealing helps protect every seam, dial, and button. The camera as a whole is dust- and splash-resistant* and designed for use at temperatures as low as -10 °C.
* Dust- and splash-resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Double SD card slot
Both SD card slots are UHS-II SDXC card compatible. Relay Recording allows relays recording between memory cards when the initial card becomes full during recording.* Backup Recording allows the same data to be recorded to both cards at the same time.* Allocation Record mode allows you to specify the card slot to be used for recording still photographs and video.
* Cannot be used with AVCHD format.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC.
Wi-Fi 5GHz / Bluetooth / LUMIX Sync App
Using Wi-Fi 5GHz (IEEE802.11ac) and Bluetooth 4.2 (Low Energy) this feature allows you to connect your camera to a smartphone or tablet, send photos to these devices, and control your LUMIX GH5M2 remotely. With Panasonic’s LUMIX Sync app (Android/iOS), you can remotely control the shutter of your camera and access a wide range of photographic settings. You can even use LUMIX Sync to copy settings from one camera to another,* which is useful when managing multiple cameras in a shoot.
* Copying must done between cameras of the same model.
• The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Logo is a certification mark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
• The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Panasonic Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
• IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
• Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
PC software “LUMIX Tether” camera control
The LUMIX GH5M2 allows tethered shooting via USB with “LUMIX Tether” PC software. It enables camera control and shooting while checking the image on a large PC screen. Naturally, it supports both video and 6K PHOTO/4K PHOTO. This greatly assists professional workflows in commercial photoshoots at studios.