Social Cooking brings friends together.
Good friends and great food.
A great meal is about so much more than the ingredients you cook with; it’s also about the people you spend time with: this is the principle of social cooking. Cook up a masterpiece, discover unknown food and share the experience with friends and family.
Is there anything better than preparing a delicious meal together with good friends? Cooking it and then sitting together - and being proud of your creation? As social beings this is pretty much the dream of a perfect evening.
Are you and your friends longing for Italy? Then tagliatelle with shrimp is the ideal dish for your social cooking event. To give you plenty of time for stimulating conversations with friends, our microwave recipe is a breeze and it only takes you 15 minutes to find yourself in a trattoria.
Of course, stress should not come up on a convivial evening, but especially as a host, it can happen to you that you are too restless, that you want to please all the guests, and therefore only walk back and forth between the kitchen and the dining table. We have the tips to stop the stress - in the spirit of social cooking.
• If you cook dishes that you have already cooked, you will avoid undue stress.
• Ask your friends about dietary restrictions well in advance of your party. This will avoid nasty surprises on the day of the event.
• Make sure there is enough food and drink to go around. Bread and dip is a great way to satisfy your friends hunger in between meals. Check out our bread maker and slow juicer recipes for refreshing drink and appetizer ideas!
• Ambience is indispensable in social cooking: pick a great soundtrack and invite your friends to have a glass of wine in the kitchen with you. That way you include everyone – even those who aren’t directly involved in cooking.
• Everyone is full, the plates are empty. Now clear the table quickly. Stop: Leave the empty plates on the table for the time being, otherwise there will be a lot of restlessness and hustle and bustle.
Gather your friends around you.
In general, it is important that you have a good time when friends come to dinner. The time together is the most important part. Just prepared for mistakes – not everything will go right the first time. Allow time for mistakes. You do not have to cook Michelin star food either. Enjoy your social cooking experience with your friends above all else.