The Varicam HS Changing the Way Action is Captured
The VariCam line of cameras has been used on a wide variety of movies, commercials, and TV programs, and is renowned for its color reproduction, look, and for bringing progressive workflows to the production industry.
• High-sensitivity, low-noise, 2/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3MOS sensor.
• High-speed 240 fps recording produces a slow-motion effect. Frame rate variable in the range of 1 fps to 240 fps. Frame rate can be changed while recording.
• Wide dynamic range 14 stops of latitude.
• V-Log: tuned for emotional images.
• V-709: tuned Rec 709.
• F-REC: Gamma inherited from original VariCam.
• Built-in ND filters and CC filters.
• Built-in low-pass filter and UV/IR-cut filter
Revolutionary Dailies in Camera
• In-camera color grading
Color grading function (CDL) allows on-set color grading using control panel or 3rd party software. CDL file is recorded together with clip.
• Double Recorder and Dual Codec Recording
Allows recording two HD videos simultaneously in two different formats, codecs and selectable from V-Log/V-709/Grading.
Multiple Codec, Multiple Outputs
• Supports AVC-Intra100, AVC-LongG50, AVC-LongG25 and Apple ProRes for ubiquitous HD shooting.
• Records a low-rate AVC-Proxy file. This file contains the same metadata as that of the main data for convenient use in off-line editing.
• Records 24 bit/48 kHz, four channel high-quality digital audio and metadata.
• Provided with 3G-SDI output up to 240p (BNC x 4), Monitor output x 3 and AUDIO (XLR x 2) input.
Newly Developed EVF and Control Panel
• High-resolution 0.7 type (1280 x 720 pixels) OLED panel shows a wide field angle with viewfinder magnification of 0.78x.
• Large-diameter 38 mm eyepiece lens offer comfortable viewing with minimum vignetting.
• Optical zoom and advanced focus assist function.
Control Panel (on AU-VREC1G)
• Detachable control panel for enhanced camera flexibility.
• 3.5 type LCD display panel for live preview.
• Direct access to frequently used menu.