Osaka, Japan – Panasonic Corporation opens a new showcase called "Wonder Life-BOX 2020" in the Panasonic Center Tokyo, its corporate showroom that serves as a global communications hub to offer comprehensive information on the company and its offerings and vision for the future. The new exhibition space is designed to present Panasonic’s vision for a quality lifestyle in 2020 utilizing cloud technologies, embodying the company’s brand slogan, "A Better Life, A Better World". The cloud technology-based demonstrations present first-hand experience with “A Better Life, A Better World” Panasonic envisions for 2020.
Panasonic is striving to create "A Better Life, A Better World" for each and every customer. At the same time, the company is stepping up its efforts to shift its focus to the B2B market while preserving its DNA inherited from consumer electronics. The "Wonder Life-BOX 2020" is part of the company’s initiative for accelerating such efforts. Under the concept of "A quality lifestyle you will love - more comfortable, in your own way," Panasonic proposes a new lifestyle with the following features:
(1) A new lifestyle with "Lifestyle Concierge" that provides services optimized for each individual and each family member through "smart" analysis of three types of data on the cloud: sound, image and energy
(2) A new lifestyle for 2020 in which community and social services are incorporated in collaboration with business partners of the company
While offering the latest information via the "Wonder Life-BOX 2020," Panasonic will develop new business partners and establish new business models based on feedback from customers who experienced first-hand the future lifestyles in the showcase.
- Smart locker services: Using shipping information stored on the cloud, the locker keeps the package inside refrigerated or frozen, supporting a 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year delivery service, which eliminates the need for redelivery.
- Lifestyle security support services: Facial recognition technology combined with security cameras and cloud networks supports home-visiting services, which can be provided safely and easily even while you are away.
- Interactive community: Equipped with a digital community signage system that displays and receives community information - on residents’ craftworks and local announcements, for example, the entrance serves as a meeting place for the community as well as a connecting point between the home and society.
LDK and Private Office
- Voice interactive ”My Professional Kitchen”: This kitchen makes cooking fun, with a display system showing recipe suggestions according to ingredients you have. You can cook while interacting with the system by voice and publish your recipes via the Web.
- Smart screens integrated with interior design: With a smart screen, this living/dining/kitchen (LDK) creates an environment conducive for family gathering and relaxation. The screen shows live video tailored to the viewer’s tastes and allows the user to make restaurant reservations and monitor home energy use in real time.
- Private office: A well-appointed office space is equipped with a security system as well as lighting and air-conditioning optimized for the user.
Bathroom and Bedroom
- Smart healthcare navigation: The bathroom has a mirror on the wall, a body composition monitor embedded in the floor and cameras. Just by standing in front of the mirror, health signs, such as weight, heart rate and scalp conditions, will be checked to help you stay healthy.
- Virtual makeup and fitting: The system detects skin conditions and gives makeup and anti-aging tips.
- Sleeping quality check and comfortable sleep support: The bedroom is equipped with devices including a millimeter wave radar that checks if you are getting quality sleep and provides optimum lighting and air conditions to support good sleep.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.74 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2014. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.