Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-G9 to enhance the performance and usability.
1. Improved compatibility with the Panasonic Tripod grip DMW-SHGR1
･ Tripod grip DMW-SHGR1 can be used.
2. Improved operational stability with Panasonic digital interchangeable lens
･ Improved operational stability with the Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. /MEGA O.I.S.(H-FS12032)
HOW TO UPDATE
Firmware update can be done in 3 simple steps.
1.Find the firmware file you need on LUMIX Customer Suport Website
2.Download it and copy to the SD Memory Card
3.Insert the SD Memory Card in the camera and update the firmware
There are some precautions to complete updating successfully.
SEE THE COMPLETE PROCEDURE
1.Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
• Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P“ can be used.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
First impression using Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P“ with a LUMIX camera from LUMIX US Ambassadors
2.Improved AF performance
• [Animal Detect.] has been added to AF mode. Utilizing Advanced AI Technology, animals, including canidae, felidae and birds, can be detected in addition to humans. The focus frame is automatically set on the target subject by analyzing the size and position of the target subject in the viewing image. The camera keeps tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the camera.
• It is possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in [Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect.] mode.
• [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
• Focus Peaking function is available in any AF mode.
• It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording mode when the video recording area is displayed.
3.Enhanced video functions
• 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording is supported.
• 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output is supported.
• Luminance level for 10-bit video is supported.
• VFR (Variable Frame Rate) shooting is supported.
• HDR video recording is supported.
• V-Log L recording and Waveform Monitor (WFM) are available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU1(sold separately).
4.Other added functions
• [MODE2] has been added to High Resolution mode, which reduced subject’s motion blur.
• [AWBw] has been added to WB mode.
• [Highlight Weighted] has been added to metering mode.
• [Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to Custom menu, which enables adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
• [0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
• AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
• [MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image display to enable easier manual focusing.
6.Improved operational stability
• There were cases where Backup Recording using the Double Card Slot Function stopped during writing. This bug has been fixed.
• AF operation following the pressing of [AF-ON] in MF mode was unstable when the LVF Frame Rate was at 120 fps and the camera was under dim lighting. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases where the images shot vertically did not rotate on playback. This bug has been fixed.
• Operational stability of image stabilizer has been improved. (When [Image Stabilizer]>[E-Stabilization(Video)] and [Boost I.S.(Video)] is ON. )
1. Improved compatibility with the Panasonic LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X1025) digital interchangeable lens.
• Smooth aperture control is available during video recording.
• [Aperture Ring Increment] has been added with which users can choose the control method of the aperture ring from [SMOOTH] or [1/3EV] in photo shooting.
2. Improved compatibility with the Panasonic Remote Shutter DMW-RS2.
• The video REC switch on the Remote Shutter can be disabled in the camera’s custom menu.
1.Improvement of AF performance
･There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in AFC mode. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
Tracking performance in continuous AF has been improved by optimizing the tracking algorithm.
The subject is tracked even if it moves actively, such as in sports scenes where the focus previously shifted to the background.
･There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in video recording. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
The accuracy of detecting the subject has been improved by optimizing the focus area settings and tracking speed.
The point of focus remains on the subject instead of shifting to the background.
2.Improvement of operation under specific lighting conditions (fluorescent lights, etc.)
-There were cases where the camera did not catch up to the brightness change smoothly under specfic lighting conditions such as fluorescent lights.
The new firmware minimizes this problem.
1. Improvement of AF performance
• AF tracking performance in video recording has been improved.
2. Improvement of Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) performance
• There were cases where peripheral distortion occurred in video recording while walking when used with Panasonic wide zoom lenses (H-F007014, H-E08018). This bug has been fixed.
* When [E-Stabilization (Video)] is set to [ON].
3. Improvement of High Resolution Mode
• Performance of motion correction has been improved.
• Minimum F11 aperture can be used.
• There were cases where the High Resolution Mode is force-quit when switching to playback mode. This bug has been fixed.
4. Improvement of sound recording performance
• Sound quality has been improved by optimizing the noise reduction performance of internal noise cancelling microphone.
5. New functions
• [L.Monochrome D] has been added to Photo Style.
• [Grain Effect] can be added and adjusted in Photo Style.
• [Live View Boost] has been added, which makes it easy to check the composition on the monitor in low-light environment.
• Maximum 20x enlarged view is available in [MF Assist].
• [Focus Ring Lock] has been added to [Custom] menu, which disables focus ring operation to lock the focus.
• [WB/ISO/Expo. Button] has been added, which enables adjustment of WB/ISO/Exposure only while the exposure compensation button is pressed. This can be set [Custom]>[Operation].
• [Dial] has been added to [Custom]>[Operation Lock Setting].
6. Other improvements
• [Focus Ring Lock], [E-Stabilization(Video)], [Mic Rec Level Disp.], [Live View Boost],and [L.Monochrome D] can be assigned to the Fn button that works in recording mode.
• It is possible to choose images from group display such as burst shots in [RAW Processing] mode.
• Restarting time from sleep mode has been shortened while using Image App and Bluetooth connection.
You can choose to shorten the time of remote operation and image transfer or remote shutter control in [Setup]>[Bluetooth]>[Returning from Sleep Mode].
• There were cases where folder name was garbled when connecting wirelessly with Windows10-based PC. This bug has been fixed.