Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-GH5S to enhance the performance and usability.
1.Improvement of AF performance
･There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in AFC mode. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
Tracking performance in continuous AF has been improved by optimizing the tracking algorithm.
The subject is tracked even if it moves actively, such as in sports scenes where the focus previously shifted to the background.
･There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in video recording. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
The accuracy of detecting the subject has been improved by optimizing the focus area settings and tracking speed.
The point of focus remains on the subject instead of shifting to the background.
2.Improvement of stability during HDMI output
･Operating stability during VFR(Variable Frame Rate) recording through HDMI output has been improved.
3.Improvement of video recording performance
･[One Push AE] failed to operate when [SS/Gain Operation] is set to [ANGLE/ISO] while shooting in Creative Video M mode. This bug has been fixed.
･The image quality when using [V-LogL] for VFR recording in Creative Video mode has been improved.
･The image quality when set to [i.Dynamic (Intelligent Dynamic Range Control)] has been improved.
4.Improvement of operation under specific lighting conditions (fluorescent lights, etc.)
-There were cases where the camera did not catch up to the brightness change smoothly under specfic lighting conditions such as fluorescent lights.
The new firmware minimizes this problem.
HOW TO UPDATE
Firmware update can be done in 3 simple steps.
1.Find the firmware file you need on Lumix Customer Suport Website
2.Download it and copy to the SD Memory Card
3.Insert the SD Memory Card in the camera and update the firmware
There are some precautions to complete updating successfully.
SEE THE COMPLETE PROCEDURE
1. Improvement of AF performance
• AF performance of photo shooting under low-light, low-contrast environment has been improved.
• AF speed at 180d (180°) has been improved when displaying the shutter speed in degrees in [SS/Gain Operation]>[ANGLE/ISO].
2. Improvement of sound recording performance
• Sound quality has been improved by optimizing the noise reduction performance of internal noise cancelling microphone.
3. New functions
• [L.Monochrome D] has been added to Photo Style.
• [Grain Effect] can be added and adjusted in Photo Style.
• [Focus Ring Lock] has been added to [Custom] menu, which disables focus ring operation to lock the focus.
• [WB/ISO/Expo. Button] has been added, which enables adjustment of WB/ISO/Exposure only while the exposure compensation button is pressed. This can be set [Custom]>[Operation].
• [Dial] has been added to [Custom]>[Operation Lock Setting].
4. Other improvements
• [Focus Ring Lock], [E-Stabilization(Video)], [Sound Rec Level Disp.] and [L.Monochrome D] can be assigned to the Fn button that works in recording mode.
• Vector Scope can be displayed on the screen while adjusting white balance.
• It is possible to choose images from group display such as burst shots in [RAW Processing] mode.
• There were cases where the Image Stabilizer icon was not displayed when switching the settings of Image Stabilizer using the Fn button on the H-ES200 interchangeable lens. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases where folder name was garbled when connecting wirelessly with Windows10-based PC. This bug has been fixed.