Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-S1H to enhance the performance and usability.
1. Enhanced video functions / improved performance
･Downconverted output over HDMI during [6K]/[5.9K]/[5.4K] video recording is available.
･In Creative Video mode, it is possible to disable the operation of starting/stopping video recording by pressing a shutter button.
･In Creative Video mode, it is possible to set [Rec Quality(My List)] from the control panel.
･The value of noise reduction in [V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to [-1]. It suppress afterimages previously occurred in some situations.
･It is possible to prevent the enlarged view window of MF Assist to be output over HDMI.
･There were cases where color banding appeared in 4:2:0/10-bit video recording in some situations. This bug has been minimized.
･There were cases where the REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was not recorded on an SD Memory Card but was recorded on an external device over HDMI. This bug has been fixed.
2.Other added functions / improvements
･It is possible to set [AF+MF] in AFC mode.
･It is possible to assign functions to the lens’ Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
･It is possible to assign function to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
･When attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and [Image Stabilizer] > [Lens] is set to ON , Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) suppresses roll movement.
･[Backlight Illumination Period] has been added to the menu of Status LCD. [ON1] prevents the LCD backlight to be turned off.
･It is possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing.
･[0.5 SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
･[Off (Disable Press and Hold)] can be assigned to the Fn button. It disables operation when the button is long-pressed.
･Fn button can be used for checking aperture effect while the button is pressed.
･To prevent improper operation, touch-control is disabled for [Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only cursor buttons can be used for [Delete All] operation.
･There were rare cases where the camera froze during [Segmented File Recording] or during recording at 400 Mbps under a particular set of conditions including the type of SD Card used. This phenomenon has been solved.
･Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled using front/rear dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
･There were cases where F value control failed depending on the maximum F value when non-Panasonic L-Mount lens is mounted. This bug has been fixed.
• Ninja V / ATOMOS are registered trademarks of ATOMOS Limited.
• Apple and ProRes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
*RAW video data output function will be separately provided in the next version of the firmware.
Learn more https://www.panasonic.com/global/consumer/lumix/s/s1h/firmware_atomos.html
1. Improved Performance
• There were cases where block noise increases depending on the subject in HFR (High Frame Rate) mode. This bug has been fixed.
2. Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
• Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used, enabling wireless connection and control of external strobes for professional shooting.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
First impression using Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P“ with a LUMIX camera from LUMIX US Ambassadors