September 25, 2012
Realizing SHG unit (※2) with approx. 2 cc volume, featuring high optical-output of 1 W
Announcing the release of “the 1W green laser unit smallest in the world (※1)“
Contributing to downsizing the high luminance micro-projector etc.
(※1) Our investigation of the Green SHG laser unit with 1 W output as of September 25, 2012
(※2) SHG: Second Harmonic Generation
September 25, 2012, Osaka, Japan － Panasonic Precision Devices Co., Ltd. has succeeded in developing “ the Green SHG laser unit with 1W optical-output (Watt class) smallest in the world (※1) ”, suitable for the high luminance micro-projector etc.
Recently, with the increasing need of the high luminance micro-projector small in size and light in weight, using LED or laser as a light source, the green laser light-source featuring smaller size and higher output has been strongly required. Panasonic Precision devices Co., Ltd. has developed “ the Green SHG laser unit with 1W optical-output and small size (approx. 2 cc in volume), which is mountable on micro-projectors in a promising market ”. Newly developed laser units will be exhibited for reference in Panasonic devices booth in “ CEATEC JAPAN 2012 ” held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture on October 2 to 6.
- High optical-output of 1 W with smallest size in the industry, realizing the small and high output units, and the high luminance of 100 lumens level with micro-projector
- Highest conversion efficiency from electricity to green light in the world (※1), contributing to saving power of units
- Stable and high optical-output green laser can be generated by highly dignified optical design-technology, realizing the high performance unit
We have succeeded in developing this new green laser unit by the following technologies.
- Developing technology of the wave-length conversion element to improve temperature characteristics
- Uniformity-Improving technology of the wave-length conversion element to reduce decrement of laser light
- Optical design-technology to lase stably with high optical-output.
Although the small laser unit (used in light source of micro-projector) with approx. 40 lumens in luminance has been popular, there has been an increasing need for improving luminance in the market.
Sample production start: January 2013, Sample price: To be confirmed individually (depending on specifications and quantities)
The content in the following news releases is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice.
Please note therefore that these documents may not always contain the most up-to-date information.