After the war, Matsushita Aviation Industries returned to its proper activity of manufacturing wiring fixtures. On November 15, 1945, the company was relaunched as Matsushita Electric Works, Ltd. But the Akashi Plant, the main factory for manufacturing wiring fixtures, had been completely destroyed during the war, along with all of its design drawings, molds, and other equipment. A research department was established to recreate drawings for all wiring fixture products and worked to achieve higher quality than ever amid postwar shortages in equipment and materials. In 1953, the company resumed sales of electric appliances it had sold before the war. In particular, the MS-10 electric razor, which was announced in December 1955, was one of the new postwar products launched simultaneously in the Hatsuni (first shipment in the new year) ceremony in January 1956. It signaled Matsushita Electric's full-scale entry into the personal-care appliances field, and sales were further propelled by the home appliances boom that began in earnest that year. On September 15, 1964, the Kadoma head office's New Main Building, which exists today, was completed. Everything used in construction, from lighting equipment to electrical and building materials, was manufactured by Matsushita Electric.