We also expanded this initiative to include non-manufacturing sites, and realized the first CO2-free showroom in our company at the Panasonic Center Tokyo, our corporate showroom.
Specific initiatives are as follows.
(1) Continuous energy conservation activities with energy conservation equipment
- LED lighting: installed in about 60% of all facilities (from 2018 to 2019)
- Heat shield film: Introduced to about 80% of all facilities (introduction period: 2019 to 2020)
(2) Switching to 100% renewable energy sources for all procured power
- Switching 100% to biomass power generation, which is non-fossil fuel-derived energy
(3) Utilizing J-Credit System to Offset CO2 Emissions from Fossil Fuels
- CO2 emissions from district heating in the coastal subcenter area are offset by carbon offsetting through the use of the J-Credit system.
(4) Reduce CO2 emissions through operational reforms of site activities
- Making seminars and events online and releasing virtual show room content (Reducing the use of air conditioning and lighting in venues through the above initiatives)
(5) Reducing CO2 emissions through employee work style reforms
- Reducing the number of employees through work style reforms such as telecommuting
(Through these efforts, we have reduced the utilization rate of air conditioning and lighting in offices and building facilities.)
(6) Demonstration operation of pure hydrogen fuel cells that generate electricity with hydrogen, which is attracting attention as a clean energy source