(For more details, see: https://www.meti.go.jp/product_safety/ps-award/3-consumer/h30_award.html#anc-1-1 (Japanese only) )
- METI Minister's Award, Large Manufacturer and Importer Category: Laundry and Cleaner Division, Appliance Company, Panasonic Group
The company was awarded this prize due to its high ratings in the following three criteria:
- Creating systems for reliably executing product safety
- Ensuring improved quality and traceability in key safety components
- Promoting innovative projects in the product development process
- Director-General for Technology Policy Coordination and Industrial and Product Safety's Award, Large Retailer Category: Panasonic Homes
The company was awarded this prize for the following three criteria:
- Conducting initiatives to ensure safety when replenishing procured stock
- Defining the position and authority of product safety managers per quality standards and product safety management standards
- Creating initiatives to prevent the recurrence of product flaws by sharing cause analysis and occurrence mechanisms as quality troubleshooting knowledge
*This awards program was launched by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) in 2007 with the aim of encouraging private enterprises to make a greater commitment to improving product safety, as well as to firmly establish the value of product safety in society as a whole.
Panasonic won two gold awards for the Walking Training Robot and the Smile Bathtub at the 2018 IAUD International Design Awards, sponsored by the International Association for Universal Design (IAUD). This is the seventh consecutive year that the company has received a gold award.
It also won a silver for the Power Multi Light. With these awards, Panasonic won the most awards of all this year’s competitors. (For more details, see: https://www.iaud.net/award/10936/ (Japanese only) )
Reference: Panasonic's UD communications
* Panasonic won the Grand Prize at the 2017 IAUD Awards (since renamed the IAUD International Design Awards)