The 1.0-type (effective size) MOS sensor (approx. 9,460,000 pixels in 4K 24 p*³, approx. 8,790,000 pixels in UHD/FHD) provides an
appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity.
Images can be recorded with a resolution of 4K (4096 x 2160) /24 p, UHD (3840 x 2160) /60 p/50 p or FHD (1920 x 1080) /60 p/50 p..
*1: Effective size
*2: Actual recording is UHD (3840 x 2160) 59.94 p/50 p.
*3: At 4K 24 p (aspect ratio 17:9)
* With regard to “24 p” and “60 p” other than that included in “4K 24 p” in the above text, images are actually recorded at 23.98 p and 59.94 p, respectively.
VFR (2 fps to 60 fps)/Super-Slow Motion (120 fps/100 fps)
• FHD VFR (variable frame rate) Recording: VFR recording can be set in 10 steps*¹ from 2 fps to 60 fps (60 Hz) /9 steps from 2 fps to 50 fps (50 Hz).
• Super-Slow Motion: Slow-motion effect can be achieved by highspeed HD recording at 120 fps (59.94 Hz) or 100 fps (50 Hz).
*1: When 1080/23.98 p recording mode is selected.
Professional Functions and Design, Including 3G-SDI and XLR Audio Input
• The manual three rings, user button and other controls are specially designed to satisfy professional users.
• Equipped with professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI output, XLR input, TC synchro input/output and wired remote control.
World’s First*¹ 20 x Optical Zoom in a Camcorder
with 1.0-type*² Sensor
The 20 x optical zoom lens covers the range from 24 mm at the wideangle end to 480 mm at the telescopic end (35 mm film equivalent at 4K 24 p).
*1: World’s first for a camcorder with integrated lens having a 1.0-type or larger sensor. (As of
September 2016, according to Panasonic survey.)
*2: Effective size
Industry's Widest Angle of 24 mm*
The integrated lens boasts the industry’s widest angle of 24 mm* at the wide-angle setting. It enables wide-angle and minimal-distortion shooting without the use of a wide conversion lens and also allows video recording/production in a vehicle or room for example.
* 35 mm film equivalent. Varies depending on the video recording format. 4K/24 p: 24 mm (17:9 aspect ratio), UHD/FHD: 25.4 mm (16:9 aspect ratio).
UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording
This function records images simultaneously into two different formats, Main and Sub (see the table below). Sub-recording files can be used for preview, off-line editing and online transmission. FHD (8 Mbps) sub-recording files can be transmitted via mobile networks so editing work can be performed before the delivery of the main recording files, thus improving the workflow efficiency.
5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer [FHD]
In HD shooting modes, by using hand-shake correction that combines
the effects of both optical and electronic image stabilization, hand-shake in various directions, including the rotary direction, is detected and corrected.
Makes skin colors appear soft and beautiful. Especially effective when
recording the person up close.
Adjusts the overall degree of contour enhancement.
Focus Assist (Expand and Peaking)
When the Focus Assist button is pressed, Expand (enlargement)* or
Peaking (colored emphasis of focus point) is displayed to assist the
user's manual focusing operation. Expand and Peaking can also be
* The part to be expanded is designated by touching the screen.
Up to three focus positions can be preset. The focus can be shifted to
a preset focus position (focal distance) with a single touch.
The user can set the focus transition time (immediate, 2 to 15 sec, 20
sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 60 sec, 90 sec) and the wait time until the start of
focus transition (0 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec).