Whether it’s breakfast, a quick snack or dessert, milk and yoghurt are a popular choice for a light and nutritious treat. Try these simple recipes and hacks at home to make them taste even better:
Learn how to make lemon curd at home
1. Boil 3 cups of milk in a saucepan and add a few drops (5ml) of fresh lemon juice concentrate or vinegar.
2. The milk will start to split into whey & solids.
4. At this point, take the pan off the stove and separate the solids. Your lemon curd spread is ready.
4 new yoghurt recipes
Learn four new ways to use yoghurt creatively
1. For a creamy salad dressing: Add 2tbsp olive oil to a cup of yoghurt and add in chopped shallot, a dash of cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
2. For burgers and sandwiches: Tired of mayo and looking for a healthier option? Try a spoonful of yoghurt instead.
3. For soups: Want to add a touch of class to a soup? Swirl in a spoon of thick Greek yoghurt. It gives the soup added thickness and looks attractive too.
4. To tenderise meat: Enzymes in yoghurt break down proteins which helps to tenderize meat. Add a few spoons of yoghurt in your marinade add a wonderful flavor to Mediterranean dishes.
Honey yoghurt pops
Forget popsicles - try Healthy Honey Yoghurt Pops instead
1) Put 2 cups yoghurt and ½ cup raw honey in a bowl
2) Add 1 cup mixed blueberries and blackberries and mix.
3) Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze.
Make milk enjoyable for kids with a little crunch
1. Crush 300gms chocolate cookies into crumbs and place them away in an empty ice tray.
2. Fill the tray with milk and put in the refrigerator to freeze.
3. Add the frozen cookie milk cubes into the milk. The kids will love it!