Japanese mountain asparagus and celery salad
This salad dressing includes nutrient-rich celery leaves. The amino acids contained in udo (Japanese mountain asparagus) and white asparagus may help to speed up your metabolism.
84 kcal per serving
Ingredients (Serves four pax)
• 1/3 stalk of udo
• 1 stalk of celery minus leafy part
• 7 white asparagus
• 1 kiwifruit
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• Leafy part of 1 stalk of celery
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel udo, then slice thinly using a peeler. Parboil the strips in water with lemon juice. Remove the strings from the celery and slice it.
2. Take 5 of the white asparagus stalks and boil them for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut the remaining 2 stalks into strips, using a peeler. Parboil the strips in water with lemon juice. Peel the kiwifruit and cut it into 8 equal segments.
3. Make the dressing. Chop the celery leaves into roughly 1 to 2 cm lengths and place in a bowl. Add the white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, then mix using the hand blender.
4. Mix the ingredients from Steps 1 and 2 with the dressing, then place the salad in a serving dish.