Whether it’s delicious pasta or a creamy risotto, Italian food is a universal favourite. In this section, we bring you some quick and easy recipes and hacks to let you enjoy a tasty Italian meal.
Delicious Vegetarian Lasagne in three simple steps
1. Slice 1x carrot, 1x yellow zucchini, 1x green zucchini, 1x red bell pepper and 1x egg plant.
2. Layer the vegetables in microwavable glassware and cover each layer with some tomato sauce, a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
3. Heat at 800W in a microwave for 8-10 minutes. Serve fresh with chopped parsley and olive oil garnishing.
Lemony Risotto with Shrimp
1. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a rice cooker, and heat on regular or quick cook mode for a few minutes.
2. Sauté 1 cup of finely chopped onion until golden brown.
3. Stir in 1 tbsp. of lemon zest, followed by 1 cup of Aborio rice until it is completely coated. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
4. Add in 3 cups of chicken broth and cover the lid, leaving the mixture to cook on Porridge or Regular mode for 20 minutes, stirring twice or thrice in between.
5. When the timer sounds, add in 12 medium sized deveined shrimps, 1 cup corn kernels & 3 tbsp lemon juice, and leave to cook till the shrimp is pink and opaque.
6. When the risotto is cooked, fold in 4 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 a cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and lemon wedges. Serve additional Parmesan on the side.
Basil Pesto hack
Prevent Basil Pesto from turning brown
1. Place freshly made basil pesto sauce in an airtight glass jar and close the lid
2. Wrap the whole jar with the aluminium foil, which will help keep the basil pesto fresh for your next use.