Learning how to organise your fridge can save you valuable hours every month. But where do you start?
My name is Adrian, and when you live a busy lifestyle like I do, you want a food set-up that supports you.
While I buy a lot of healthy food, and am ridiculously neat when it comes to fridge storage,
I don’t have a lot of time to prepare meals.
I’ve got a high-tech six-door Panasonic refrigerator, but I don’t make use of its space.
Also: I put my aftershave in the fridge. Sounds odd I know, but it keeps it fresher for longer.
When it comes to food containers, I go large, so that whatever leftovers I cram in, they fit.
I buy a lot of nutritious vegetables — but I want to make sure I store them correctly so they stay fresh for as long as possible.
While I like my fridge to look neat, I know I can do better. By knowing how to store food in my fridge I can save time.
Luckily, Panasonic has more than a few useful tips about food storage.
Not bad Adrian! We like your neat approach to fridge storage — it’s practically Instagram-ready!
However, here’re some easy ways you can improve your food storage — and save time — with your six-door fridge.
Better food storage can lead to big changes. If you save just three minutes a day by organising your fridge better,
that’s over 91 minutes per month of your life back, or over 18 hours in a year.
Keep meat inside the Prime Fresh Freezing area. The minus-three degrees Celsius soft freezing feature means that items can be cooked without defrosting, saving you time and retaining flavours that can be lost during the defrosting process. In fact, Prime Fresh can transform your weekly routine:
• It keeps meat fresh and nutritious for seven days and prevents the meat from deteriorating and releasing unpleasant smells. Panasonic’s nanoe™ X technology also reduces odours — more on that later!
• You can whip up a batch of food over the weekend, and store it for meals throughout the week.
• With soft freezing, you can slice off exactly what you want to use, or scoop just a ladle or two of leftover frozen soup!
See how we have shifted your veggies to the bottom drawers? That’s because they boast Double Moisture Control Filters. These maintain freshness of fruit and vegetables by automatically adjusting to ideal humidity levels.
Opt for food containers that are transparent, so you can instantly see what’s in them.
Group similar items together, so you save time hunting for them each morning.
Try not to stack jars on top of each other, as they can slip and break.
• Six doors in total, including three freezer compartments, results in generous fridge dimensions that can hold whatever your grocery list throws at it.
• Panasonic’s nanoe™ X technology helps eliminate bacteria throughout the fridge. That means no stinky odours that spread throughout your fridge, while the nanoe X ions help retain nutrients in your produce, even as they reduce fungicides so that you can wash veggies and fruit with ease.
• Drawers extend fully. That means no scrambling around trying to search for food — you can see everything at a glance!
• Seven kinds of sensors detect conditions and adjust settings automatically. The result? Up to 16 percent reduction in energy use*.
For more details, click here. Note that this model is not available in all regions.
*Panasonic in-house data. ECONAVI operates only when the temperature setting is  for both the freezer and fridge compartments.