20% of all animal protein consumed by humans is chicken. The percentage is about to increase as we bring you some delightfully easy chicken recipes and hacks.
The easiest way to debone chicken
1. First, cut the natural crease between the leg and body, cutting down to the bone
2. Pop the thigh out of the joint and chop it off
3. Cut off the wings by finding the joint between the bones again
4. Make a notch at the cartilage at the top of the sternum
5. Separate the breasts
Crispy oven baked chicken
A quick 4-step recipe for crispy, oven-baked chicken
Mix, Marinade, Batter, Bake
1. Mix the chicken parts with 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, some lemon juice and black pepper.
2. Marinate 2 chicken legs in it for 15 minutes.
3. Dip the chicken in a batter made of 200gms ice water, 300gms self-raising flour, 2 tsp salt and some black pepper.
4. Add 2 tbsp Olive in a pan and bake the chicken in a Panasonic microwave oven.
Use onions to prevent your chicken from burning and making a tasty sauce
1. Pan sear 300gms chicken on both sides till roasted brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Cut a thick onion ring and place it on the roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the onion ring so that it doesn’t touch the base and bake it in an oven till it’s cooked.
3. The chicken will stay more moist as it is not in contact with the hot pan. The onions and the chicken will release some water, making a tasty onion sauce!
Avocado chicken sandwich
Make a chicken sandwich in a healthy homemade avocado spread
1. This recipe uses avocado to replace butter. By virtue of its rich, thick and creamy texture, it’s a healthier choice to use in cakes, sauces and creams. First up, cut the whole avocado and place it into a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup Greek Yoghurt with a pinch of salt and blend the mixture
3. Scoop out the paste and spread it on bread
4. Layer 2 lettuce leaves and 100 gms Chicken on top of the Spread