Fruits are sweet and healthy, and make a wonderful addition to any course. Try these trouble-free tips and recipes that offer something for everyone:
Deseed a pomegranate with minimal effort
1. Cut the pomegranate into half and give it a quick stretch and twist.
2. Hold one half upside down in your palm, placing a bowl underneath
3. Take a wooden spoon in the other hand and start hitting on the outside, slowly rotating it to cover all sides.
4. All fruit seeds will pop out quickly, giving you more time to enjoy the fruit!
Enjoy avocado the easy way
1. Cut length-wise around the pit of the avocado. You should end up with 2 halves, with the pit still in one half.
2. Dig in the sharp end of the knife into the exposed pit
3. Twist the knife around to remove the pit
4. Make cross cuts resembling cubes
5. Use a spoon to scoop the cubes out of the skin
Refresh yourself with a splashing watermelon recipe
1. Take a whole watermelon and poke a funnel in the centre.
2. Take 20ml of your chosen syrup and slowly pour it in through the funnel. Leave it aside for 1 hour.
5. Take another 20ml of the syrup and pour it again slowly through the funnel. You can add more syrup as per your taste.
6. Cut the watermelon after 3 hours and enjoy the splashing blend of flavours.
Did you know, strawberry can marinate itself
1. Cut 500gms strawberries and place them in a bowl.
2. Add 1 tsp sugar and stir for 5-6 minutes.
3. Due the small amount of sugar and the stirring, the strawberries will release its own natural juice and will marinate itself.
Ripen bananas in 24 hours for use in desserts
1. Place the bananas in the freezer for 24hours
2. The bananas will turn black, so do not panic. It’s because the starch is broken down into sugar and flavour and they are perfect to be used for cakes, desserts, pies & ice creams