There’s something irresistible about meat that makes you want to eat it even before you have cooked it! Here are some tried and tested recipes and hacks to add more flavour to your meat.
Tenderise meat with black coffee
Tenderise meat using black coffee for a delicious and smokey flavour
1. Place 1 pc Chicken Breast (or any other meat cut of the same weight) in a marinade of 200g Fresh Coffee, 50g Cold Butter and 2 tbsp. Olive Oil.
2. Leave to soak for 4-6 hours. Bake, roast or grill for a delicious smokey flavour.
Flavourful BBQ sauce with no added sugar
1. Heat 2 tsp. Canola Oil in a medium saucepan and cook 1 finely chopped onion for 3-5 minutes
2. Add in 5 cloves minced garlic, 3/4 cup reduced-sodium ketchup, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, 1/2 cup apple juice, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp Worcestershire or soy sauce and 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce, and bring to a simmer.
3. Cook the mixture for about 3 minutes till it thickens. Once cooked, leave it cool.
4. Blend the mixture into a puree until smooth. Your BBQ sauce is ready.
A quick tip to tenderise meat in just one hour
1. Rub the meat cut with a sprinkling of baking soda and let it soak for 1 hour.
3. After that wash off the baking soda and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Your meat should be tender now. Carry on with your usual recipe.