Soul-nourishing soup and seafood
Prep up for a simmering gastronomic experience as we bring you some warming soup and seafood recipes that are sure to tantalise your taste buds!
French Fish Soup
Easy Bouillabaise French Fish Soup in 5 simple steps
1. Take a microwave safe bowl and add some olive oil, 2 chopped onions and 4 chopped garlic cloves.
2. Season it with some salt and pepper and microwave it for 1 minute.
3. Add some clear tomato stock, 1 tsp saffron and assorted vegetables and microwave for 8 minutes.
4. Add some seafood to the bowl and microwave for another 5 minutes.
5. The soup is ready to be served!
Marie Rose Sauce
Marie Rose Sauce - the perfect complement for grilled prawns
1. Mix ½ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup ketchup, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp hot sauce and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce together. Add salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate in a covered container.
2. Heat a grill to high heat. Whisk together 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Coat the shrimps in the mixture.
3. Skewer the shrimps and grill either side for four minutes until grill marks appear. Serve with the sauce on the side.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup - a healthy recipe minus the guilt!
1. Toss 2 cups cauliﬂower florets, 1 cup low fat milk, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small covered saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Simmer on low flame until cauliﬂower softens.
3. Blend the mixture to puree using a food processor or blender.
4. Sautee ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1½ cup diced white mushrooms and ½ yellow onion on a medium-sized saucepan until onions are golden brown.
5. Add pureed cauliﬂower mixture to sautéed mushrooms then bring it to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens. The soup is ready to serve.