Hanoi, Vietnam, 27 October 2017 – Panasonic Vietnam held the scholarship ceremony for 10 outstanding students overcame difficulties, achieved excellent academic performance and desired to contribute to the society. The ceremony was held at Panasonic Risupia Vietnam, Hanoi with the participant of representatives from the Ministry of Education and Training, the Embassy of Japan in Vietnam together with school representatives of scholarship receivers.
The Panasonic Scholarship Program has been accompanied with Vietnamese students over 13 years with a various of educational support and collaborative training activities. The program has presented 58 scholarships with total value of 50 billion VND. This is a great motivation for many students to strive, develop and contribute to the society. Vu Duc Thuan, Hanoi University of Technology, one of the Panasonic scholars in 2016, said: “Panasonic scholarship is the perfect support for me to continue my research and conquer my dream of discovering technology.”
From this year, along with the financial support for students having difficulties in circumstances and efforts in studying, Panasonic Vietnam helps to improve their soft skills by providing skill-training and internship in appropriate departments under Panasonic Vietnam Group companies. Besides, potential students also have an opportunity to be recruited and work at Panasonic Vietnam Group. This helps the students to develop themselves and have a good start on their career path as well as constantly contribute to the progress of society.
The list of Panasonic Scholarship Program scholars in 2017 as following:
1. Banh Vi Hao, Faculty of Electrical - Electronics, HCM University of Technology and Education
2. Diep Gia Han, Faculty of Information Technology, HCM University of Science
3. Nguyen Duy Hung, Faculty of Electrical - Electronics, Da Nang University of Science and Technology
4. Tran Dinh Huy, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, HCM University of Technology and Education
5. Van Thien Luan, Faculty of Computer Networks and Communications, HCM University of Information Technology
6. Hoang Van Nhat, Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications, Vietnam National University - University of Engineering and Technology, Hanoi
7. Le Van Que, Faculty of Computer Technology, HCM University of Information Technology
8. Tran Quyet Thang, Faculty of Electrical - Electronics and Telecommunications, HCM University of Transport
9. Nguyen Van Thieu, Faculty of Electrical - Electronics, Vietnam National University - HCM University of Science and Technology
10. Tran Van Trung, Faculty of Engineering - Technology, Quy Nhon University, Binh Dinh Province
“Derived from the business philosophy of “People before Products” of the founder, Mr. Konosuke Matsushita, Panasonic has been constantly looking for, developing and perfecting the talents in each of the country we invest and do business as one of our CSR activities. In Vietnam, Panasonic expects through the Scholarship Program and many other educational and recruitment support activities will contribute to the development of high quality human resources for the country and prepare the young generation ahead of integration of the 4.0 industrial revolution in the world.” Said Mr. Morita Ken, Director of Human Resource Department, Panasonic Vietnam.
At the ceremony, Mr. Pham Chi Cuong, representative of the Ministry of Education and Training highly appreciated the positive contribution of Panasonic Corporation to the educational development in Vietnam and promotion of relationship between Vietnam and Japan.