Every Panasonic Mobile Computer comes standard with some of the industry's most comprehensive warranties. Find out how you're covered.
Section 1: Limited Warranty - HardwarePSCNA, referred hereafter as "Panasonic" will repair the products listed below with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge in a Global Panasonic designated service location for the period specified below from the date of original purchase in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. These warranties are extended solely to the original purchaser. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase will be required before warranty performance is rendered.
- Laptop PC (CF-##) — 3 Years
- Tablet PC (FZ-A# / FZ-G# / JT-B#) — 3 Years
- Ultra-Mobile (CF-U#/CF-H# Series) — 3 Years
- PDRC - LCD & Keyboard Assembly — 3 Years
Original Battery WarrantyBatteries supplied with the product are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from date of purchase, except as excluded in Section 3. Batteries purchased separately are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from the date of purchase. A replacement battery furnished under the product warranty is covered for the remaining period of the one year warranty on the original or purchased battery.
Optional: Battery Extended Warranty ProgramIf this coverage is purchased, the serial numbered unit is entitled to one replacement battery within each 12 month period, providing the existing battery holds less than 50% of the original battery life. A replacement battery will be shipped out in advance for exchange on Laptop PC's and FZ-G# and JT-B# models. On the FZ-A# series Tablet PC models, the unit must be sent in for expedited battery replacement by calling the number at the end of the last page of this document. The cost of labor, battery, and shipping are included in the price of the Battery Extended Warranty Program.
Optional: Extended Warranty Program (PC)If this coverage is purchased, the serial numbered unit is entitled to the same warranty coverage on their unit with the exception of the battery for which a separate coverage program is available. The cost of labor, parts, and shipping are included in the price of the Extended Warranty Program.
Optional: Panasonic "Protection Plus" WarrantyAny unit for which the Panasonic "Protection Plus" warranty has been purchased will receive additional coverage for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage. All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty apply and this additional coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the unit. If an extended Protection Plus warranty program is purchased, coverage is extended to the end of the last year of extended coverage purchased.
This warranty does not cover failures or defects that are caused by fire, intentional acts, loss, theft, improper maintenance, modification or service by anyone other than the Panasonic National Service Center or a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider, or damage that is attributable to acts of God. Cosmetic damage that does not affect functionality is not covered. Cosmetic damage on units with hardware failures will be repaired in accordance with the warranty terms. This warranty is extended solely to the original purchaser on the unit serial number for which it was purchased. Complete unit replacement fulfills the full obligation and is at the discretion of Panasonic and is limited to once during the coverage term.
Refer to the Panasonic website for full terms and conditions on the above programs.
Wireless Module WarrantyPanasonic approved wireless modems installed in Panasonic brand computers and integrated by Panasonic or an Authorized Panasonic Wireless Integrator are covered under the warranty for the remaining warranty period of the device in which the modem is installed. For devices with less than three (3) months remaining on the unit warranty, the wireless modem will be covered for a period of three (3) months from the date of installation of the modem, covering only modem replacement or modem installation related issues.
All modems must be approved by the wireless carrier prior to use. Any use or attempted use of a wireless modem not approved and activated by the carrier for use on their network is strictly prohibited and is not sanctioned or warranted by Panasonic and may result in legal action. In addition, all modems must be approved by Panasonic as compatible with the device hardware before installation or use.
Panasonic's sole responsibility for the warranty or technical support of the software required to install or operate the modem is defined in Section 2 (Limited Software Warranty). Any attempted software installation by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Wireless Integrator is not covered under warranty and may result in service charges to re-image or replace the hard drive.
Installation or attempted installation by any party other than Panasonic or an Authorized Panasonic Wireless Integrator is strictly not covered under the warranty and may void the computer warranty if damage results.
Options and Accessories WarrantiesThe below listed Panasonic brand or supplied options and accessories are covered under this limited warranty for the period specified from the date of purchase or as specifically stated:
- AC Adapter / Power Cord — 3 Years
- Memory Expansion Card (Panasonic Brand) — 3 Years
- Car Mount - Docking Station PCB or Complete Vehicle Docking Station — 3 Years
- Desktop Port Replicator, I-O Box, Docking Cradle (like CF-U1) — 3 Years
- Antenna Pass-through Cable — 3 Years
- Backlit or Full-sized keyboard - 3 Years or assumes warranty of the unit in which it is installed
- Integrated Panasonic supplied options and kits including, but not limited to Wireless Modems, Media Bay Drives (Floppy, CD, DVD, Combo), Camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Smartcard Reader, Magnetic Card Reader, Barcode Scanner, and Fingerprint Reader - 3 Years or assumes warranty period of the unit in which it is installed provided the integration was performed by Panasonic or an Authorized Integrator.
- Hard Drive / Solid State Drive (Internal) - 3 Years
- Separately purchased 2nd Hard Drive – 1 Year
- External USB Drives (CD / DVD / Floppy / Hard Drive) – 1 Year
- Optional Battery – 1 Year
- Battery Charger / Multi-Bay Battery Charger – 1 Year
- Stylus Pens, Digitizer & Standard - 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
Section 2: Limited Warranty - SoftwarePanasonic warrants to you only that the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of delivery thereof to you, as evidenced by your purchase receipt.
This is the only warranty Panasonic makes to you. Panasonic does not warrant that the functions contained in the Programs will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Programs will be uninterrupted or error free. Panasonic shall have no obligation for any defects in the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished resulting from your storage thereof, or for defects that have been caused by operation of the disk(s) or other media.
Panasonic's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement, in the United States or other Panasonic designated location, of any defective disk or other media which is returned to Panasonic's Authorized Service Center, together with a copy of the purchase receipt, within the aforesaid warranty period.
Section 3 - Limited Warranty ExclusionsSpecifically excluded from the warranty are:
- All consumable items; such as screen protection films, logo badges, labels, cleaning cloths, carry cases, manuals, cables, straps, belts, holsters, tethers, and harnesses and any other options and accessories not listed above or covered under a separate warranty.
- Failures related to the product operating system, hard drive or solid state drive image, software setup, software program, virus, other program(s) or file(s) on any drive or in any computer memory location.
- Failures due to BIOS settings or changes, as well as any cosmetic or physical damage to the unit.
- Any unit or device with a missing or altered model number or serial number label
- Cosmetic damage or any damage which occurs in shipment
- Failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic
- Failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit, abuse, neglect, installation, maladjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance or modification, use not in accordance with product use instructions
- Failures due to service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider
- Failures caused by improper installation of options or accessories or due to integration by any company other than Panasonic or a Panasonic Authorized Integrator
- Damage, failure, or loss due to the unit being stolen, lost, misplaced, or used by anyone other than the original purchaser
- Damage that is attributable to acts of God
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS OR PART OF NUCLEAR EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, OR AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS*1. PANASONIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ARISING OUT OF THE FOREGOING USES.
|*1||AIRCRACT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS include class 2 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Systems and Class 1 EFB Systems when used during critical phases of flight (e.g., during take-off and landing) and/or mounted onto the aircraft. Class 1 EFB Systems and 2 EFB Systems are defined by FAA: AC (Advisory Circular) 120-76A or JAA: JAA TGL (Temporary Guidance Leaflets) No. 36.|
Other Limits and Exclusions: There are no other express warranties except as listed above.
PANASONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. For technical support or to arrange for service on your Panasonic computer product, call our toll-free hotline at 1-855-PSC-TECH [option 1] (855-772-8324).
- Contact Panasonic Toughbook Technical Support by calling 1-800-LAPTOP5. Typical hold time is less than one minute, and technicians based in the United States who are managed and trained by Panasonic provide support. This team is dedicated to the Panasonic Toughbook product line. Calls can be placed from more than 150 countries in the world using AT&T 800 Direct service.
- A technician will enter the caller and product data into the database system, determine the warranty status, and try to assist in resolving the issue during the call.
- IN-WARRANTY REPAIRS - Once a qualified in-warranty hardware failure is determined,
a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number will be issued:
- If the problem can be resolved by replacement of an item accessible to the caller — for example, battery, AC adapter, hard drive (most models), CD/DVD drive (some models), memory module (some models) — a Priority Exchange will be set up and a replacement device shipped overnight to the designated location so you are up and running the next business day. The defective item is returned to the Panasonic National Service Center (NSC). Panasonic pays shipment in both directions.
- If the unit needs to be returned for repair, the unit can be shipped, pre-paid, by Panasonic to the NSC for repair and return. More than 80% of repairs are completed within two business days of receipt at the NSC. All units are thoroughly quality control checked before they are shipped back to the customer to virtually eliminate repeat failures.
- OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPAIRS - If a unit is determined to be out of warranty but repair
is required, the unit may be shipped pre-paid by the owner to the NSC.
- An evaluation fee will be required to diagnose the repair so an estimate can be made of the total cost of repair.
- NSC will contact the customer for approval of the repair estimate, which includes labor, parts, shipping, handling and any taxes, before repairs are made.
- Once approved and payment terms are accepted, the unit is repaired and returned to the customer.
Tobyhanna FRA locations [pdf, 132k]
TOUGHBOOK BATTERY RECALL
H2 batteries and optional battery packs for H1, H2 & U1.LEARN MORE For customer support in the US please contact Panasonic Customer Support:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm EST
The 4G LTE MC7750 firmware has been updated to fix a critical bug and is recommended for all users.
WINDOWS 8/8.1 - LICENSING & REIMAGING RIGHTSLEARN MORE
Licensed Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 systems:
A properly licensed Windows 8/8.1 system has a Genuine Microsoft Label (GML). Windows 8 systems do not have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label.
This includes Windows 8/8.1 Pro systems that have been downgraded to Windows 7 Professional.
Microsoft Reimaging Rights (OEM Win8):
Customers who purchase OEM licensed versions of Windows may only restore the original factory preload using the Recovery Media provided by the OEM. Customers do not have any rights to create a custom image from the OEM preload and then deploy that image on OEM licensed systems. Customers can customize the preload on a particular system by adding or removing software, as they choose, but that the customized image may not be used on any other system (each system would have to be customized individually). Customers who wish to purchase OEM systems, with a custom image, may do so provided that they are purchasing 25 or more systems over a 12-month period. These systems would be custom models and not generally available in the market.
Download Reimaging License Brief
FOR AT&T USERS
WINDOWS XP AVAILABILITY POLICY.VIEW PDF
TOUGHBOOK 31 EXTERNAL ANTENNA SWITCH UTILITIES.These utilities provide a GUI and command line interface that can change the external antenna BIOS settings using Windows. Includes the utilities, instructions and FAQ's.
Panasonic recommends Windows.