Dear Panasonic Lumix Customer:
We would like to thank you for purchasing Panasonic DMC-FT1/FT2/DMC-TS1. To insure you can continue to enjoy using this product it’s important to follow a few steps to maintain the waterproof, dustproof and shockproof integrity of this camera.
Before using this camera at the beach, in or near water, please check following points:
• To prevent water leakage, visually check that no foreign objects such as sand, hair, dust or any liquid is present on or near the area of the door seals.
• Close the door securely by pressing it firmly until it clicks.
At the beach and sand
• Do not open the SD Card / Battery door or terminal cover door with wet hands, or while in the water.
After leaving the water
• After being in water, especially salt water, it is possible that the foreign objects may adhere to the camera body. These must be removed as soon as possible.
• Thoroughly rinse the camera in fresh water. After rinsing, it’s also suggested you allow the camera to soak in fresh water for about 10 minutes.
• Thoroughly dry the camera and allow it to sit upright on a clean dry cloth so that any access water can drain. It’s normal to see some drainage from the bottom of the camera for several minutes.
To maintain the waterproof integrity Panasonic recommends that the waterproof seals be replaced at least once a year.
This service can be done by Panasonic’s authorized service center for a nominal charge.