SNS Community Guidelines
This user Guideline (defined below) applies to you, the social media user (henceforth User), while using or interacting with Panasonic’s (defined below) social media. Thank you for visiting Panasonic Corporation Appliances Company’s (henceforth Panasonic or Our) Official Instagram Account for Panasonic LUMIX digital cameras (henceforth Social Media). On Our Social Media, we publish various content regarding Lumix products and services, as well as other information. In order for everyone to enjoy better communication, we have established the following community guidelines (henceforth Guidelines) for a User’s use the hashtags”#LUMIX”, for following Our Social Media, for reading and commenting on Our Social Media or for any other use of Our Social Media. In using Our Social Media, the User agrees to comply with the Guidelines (henceforth this Guideline). Since there are an unspecified large number of users accessing Social Media, please employ common sense when publishing information so as to not cause trouble for other people. By sharing, publishing, distributing, tagging or otherwise interacting with Our Social Media, User hereby agrees that Panasonic may use your comments, videos, photos or other contents (henceforth Content) in any way relating to Our Social Media, User also agrees to comply with the Guidelines.
1. Operator : Panasonic Corporation, Appliances Company
2. Operating hours : As a general rule, the operating hours are as follows.
Japan Standard Time, Weekdays 10:00~17:00
(Excluding New Year's holidays, weekends, public holidays and other business holidays determined by Panasonic)
3. Operating period : LUMIX Social Media Account may be subject to unannounced end of operations or deletion.
1. Panasonic does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness of information on our Social Media.
2. Panasonic’s official announcements and opinions are published through Our official website and press releases. Information published on our Social Media by Panasonic or Panasonic employees does not necessarily represent Panasonic’s official announcements and opinions. Naturally, Content published by users interacting with Our Social Media does not represent opinions or views of Panasonic or Panasonic’s employees, or that of Panasonic’s related affiliates.
3. Panasonic does not bear responsibility for any content on Our Social Media.
4. By publishing content to Panasonic’s Social Media, you represent and warrant to Panasonic that:
A)You are of at least 18 years of age
B)Any persons identified in the content published by you has consented in writing to your publishing of such content on our Social Media
5. The copyright of Content belongs to the original author of such Content. However, the user grants Panasonic the fee-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right (with the right to sub-license) to use, modify, edit, extract, copy, reproduce, publish (including but not limited to publish as advertisement on social networking service), translate, or otherwise make use of the published Content for the purpose of promoting Panasonic’s products. Moreover, the user agrees not to exercise copyright or the author's moral rights against Panasonic and/or the parties to whom Panasonic has granted a sub-license thereof.
6. Panasonic will not assume any responsibility for damages suffered by users or a third party arising from or in connection with the user's usage of or interaction with Our Social Media, except for cases where the cause was Panasonic’s intentional acts or acts of gross negligence.
7. The user shall indemnify and hold harmless Panasonic from and against any and all claims, including but not limited to any liabilities, losses and damages, incurred by other users and/or a third party arising from or in connection with the user's use of or interaction with Our Social Media. The User shall settle any such claims at their own expense.
8. By publishing to our Social Media, liking/sharing page Content, or registering as a follower, the user hereby consents to Panasonic’s access, through our Social Media, to the user's published account and profile information such as name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, and friend list etc.
9. Panasonic is not obligated to acknowledge or reply to any and all comments on Our Social Media.
10. In event of participating in a campaign, all expenses will be borne by the user.
11. ‘Our Social Media is operated on the systems of the respective social media operating companies. Panasonic cannot answer any inquiries relating to such social media operating systems. Panasonic also cannot answer questions about functions, usage or other technical questions regarding the software or applications provided by the respective social media websites, social media operating companies, or any other third parties.
12. Panasonic may delete information or content etc. on the site without giving the user prior notice.
The following actions are prohibited when using or interacting with Our Social Media.
1. Conduct that goes against any law/public order and platform guidelines, or conduct determined to encourage such activity
2. Conduct that infringes any intellectual property right, including but not limited to a copyright, portrait rights or trademark rights, of Panasonic or a third party
3. Conduct that violates the privacy of a third party
4. Acts of identifying, disclosing, or leaking personal information without the consent of the involved party
5. Acts of exposing private personal communication with Panasonic or a third party.
6. Slander of any individual, business, country/region, religion, etc.
7. Non-Panasonic sponsored commercial activity such as introduction and/or advertisement of own goods, shops, companies, etc.
8. Political activities, election activities, religious activities, or related activities
9. Acts of posting explicit content
10. Racist conduct, or conduct that is determined by Panasonic or the SNS platform to be encouraging racism
11. Conduct unrelated to the purpose of our Social Media
12. Acts of spreading information that clearly misrepresents Panasonic.
13. Acts of altering or misrepresenting information relating to Our Social Media or information provided through Our Social Media.
14. Impersonating other users, businesses, or brands etc.
18. Acts of attempting unauthorized access relating to Our Social Media, Panasonic, or Panasonic’s affiliates (such as password mining, hacking, etc).
19. Acts of posting or sending harmful computer programs
20. Misconduct as determined by the respective social media platforms
21. Conduct that obstructs operation of Our Social Media, or harms/is deemed potentially harmful to a third party, inclusive of Panasonic.
22. Any other conduct deemed inappropriate by Panasonic.
Measures against prohibited acts
Panasonic may take any of the following measures or combined measures without prior notice, in event that a user performs a prohibited act, or when we judge that there is a risk of such, regardless of whether such risk is deliberate or negligent on the user's part.
1. Deletion of content
2. Restriction of usage of our Social Media (including blocking of user)
3. Caution or warning via our Social Media messaging platform, or private mail
4. Announcement of taking of the above measures 1~3, via our Social Media messaging platform, or private mail
Claim for Damages
In event that the user violates this Guideline and causes damages to Panasonic, Panasonic may file a claim for damages against said user.
Regarding changes to this Guideline
Panasonic may make changes to this Guideline without prior notice.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The use of our Social Media, and interpretation and application of this Guideline, shall be governed by Japanese law unless otherwise specified. With regard to any dispute or conflict involving our Social Media, the Osaka District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction court of competent jurisdiction unless otherwise specified.
For questions or opinions regarding our LUMIX Social Media Account, please refer to this
LUMIX Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lumix/
Panasonic may, at its sole discretion, answer, respond to, and/or replay to the questions or opinions if deemed necessary by Panasonic.