WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PANASONIC AIR PURIFIER
Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd. having its registered office at “12<sup>th</sup> floor, Ambience Tower, Ambience Island, N.H 8, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana”, herein after referred to as “Company” warrants that the Panasonic brand of Air Purifier “Product”, shall be free from any manufact uring defect for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by end user (“Customer”), on the following terms and conditions and as the case may be and free of charge repairs of part(s) for “Product”, if proved upon inspection by the Company or any of its authorized Dealer/Service Centre, to be defective due to faulty material or workmanship.
The above mentioned warranty shall be valid for all functional parts for a period of one year from the date of purchase by customer as mentioned on Purchase Invoice (“Warranty Period”)
This warranty covers only the repairs and does notentitle the Customer for replacement of the Product including but not limited to free replacements of cabinets and styling materials aesthetic material frames, plastic parts & consumable accessories such as H.E.P.A filter / Composite filters / Deodorizer filters / Humidifying filters / Anti fungus Kit. The Company shall provide such warranty services through its authorized Dealer/Service Centre, the following services free of cost during the Warranty Period subject to below terms and conditions.
Company will put its best efforts to promptly attend to any breakdown complaint lodged by the Customer. Company shall carry out repairs if it is determined by the Company’s authorized service representative that these are due to manufacturing defects.
The aforementioned warranty shall be subject to the under mentioned conditions:
1. The Customer has to provide original Purchase invoice and warranty card having Dealer stamp and date of purchase at the time of requesting the warranty services, failing which the warranty will not be honored.
2. Total Warranty Period is limited as provided hereunder from the date of Purchase Invoice irrespective of the period for which the Product unit was not in use; was not giving proper performance; was under breakdown or was under repair(s) by Company’s authorized service center.
3. In the event of repairs, of any part, during the said Warranty Period, the warranty shall thereafter continue only for the unexpired period of the original warranty Period. The defective part(s) shall become property of the Company.
4. The Company reserves the right to decide at its discretion, for replacing any defective part with a substitute without affecting the performance of the Product.
5. This warranty shall not apply with respect to the Products or any part thereof which has been subject to, Installation/repair by any unauthorized persons or repair/use of this Product or any accessories other than those specified by Company; any accident or damage during transit; mishandling, dust, unauthorized modifications, input voltage beyond specifications, riots, commercial use, lightning, use contrary to the operations specified in the user’s manual supplied with the Product/unit, alteration; there is no Panasonic Hologram Unit/part(s) Serial No. mutilated, defaced or altered; Fire; Flood or such occurrences; water, Presence of any foreign object or living creature (eg. Rat, lizard, insect, ants, etc.) inside the Product unit; use of harmful chemicals; Improper heat load, Usage of unit in an abnormally corrosive alkaline/acidic atmosphere; Any change or defect resulting due to improper maintenance.
6. This warranty is valid only in the country of purchase (India only).
7. The Company shall not be liable or be deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond its reasonable control including delay in repairing due to non-availability of any component or accessory, labor problem, restrictions and regulations of the government, public movement, war and any unavoidable circumstances, specially vis-à-vis the import of supplies and raw material or if the Company is otherwise prevented from performing its functions under this warranty.
8. The warranty extended herein is in lieu of implied conditions and warranties under the law, and is confined to the repair(s) of defective parts and does not cover any consequential or resulting liability, damage or loss arising from such defects. Furthermore, the warranty in no case shall extend to the payment of any monetary consideration whatsoever or the replacement or return of the Product as a whole.
9. Any defect in the electrical installation or wiring at site has to be rectified by the Customer as per the recommendation of Company’s Authorized service representative.
10. In the event of any difference or dispute arising with reference to the terms and conditions of this warranty or their interpretation, the same shall be referred to a sole arbitrator, who shall be appointed by the Company. The decision of the solearbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. Such arbitration proceedings shall be held at New Delhi and provision of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996 shall apply to the arbitration proceedings.
11. This warranty does not cover cost of labor, transportation of the Product from the place of installation to the Authorized service center and other incidental expenditures, which shall be borne by the Customer.
12. This Air Purifier is designed for household use only. It is not suitable for commercial, industrial or cleaning applications or for application other than air cleaning purpose.
13. While the Company will make every effort to carry out repairs at the earliest, it is however made explicitly clear that the Company is under no obligation to do so in a specified period of time.
14. To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty and the remedies set forth herein are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral, written, statutory, express or implied. Company disclaims all statutory and implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects, to the extent permitted by law. In so far as such warranties cannot be disclaimed, Company limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration of this express Warranty and, at Company's option, the repair or replacement services described below.
15. The Company's obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repair of part/s only. The maximum amount of liability with respect to any Product related claim/s, if entertained by Company, will be subject to the maximum retail price of the Product purchased or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
16. In the event of any unforeseen circumstance, and spares not being available, the Company's prevailing depreciation rules will be binding on the Customer to accept as a commercial solution in lieu of repairs. The depreciation rules will be applicable after one year of purchase of the Product.