WARRANTY CARD – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd., having registered office at 6th Floor, “SPIC BUILDING” ANNEXE, No.88, Mount Road, Guindy, Chennai – 32 (hereinafter referred as “ Company”), warrants the product for 1 year from the date of purchase, to be free from any manufacturing defect, on the following terms and conditions : -
Warranty does not cover:-
• Accessories - external to the equipment or supplied by the Dealer.(lens cap, shoulder, handstrap, handle & attachment,
switcher panel button cover, memory Card, microphone unit, mic wind screen, lens cleaning, AC adaptor, charger, batteries, remote cable and IR remote control unit ).
• This Warranty is valid and applicable only to products which are purchased in India from authorized channel of the Company. Parallel imports are excluded from this warranty.
• Warranty takes care of any manufacturing defect or breakdown of the product during warranty period. Panasonic India Pvt Ltd, hereinafter referred to as “company” at its sole discretion will repair or replace such parts and defective parts could become the property of the company. Repair under warranty may also be carried out by any Authorized Service Centers of the company. This warranty covers only the repairs and does not entitle you for replacement of this product.
• Company shall, at its sole discretion, repair the defective unit where the product(s) are faulty due solely to defective materials or workmanship. All parts removed by the Company shall be the property of the Company. Any repairs done or replacements provided shall not extend the warranty term for any of the products. For avoidance of doubt, the time taken by the Company in repairing the
product shall not be reason for extending the warranty term.
• The warranty is confined to the first purchase of the products only and is not transferable.
• The warranty is valid only when this warranty certificate (duly filled, signed and stamped by the selling dealer), along with original bill of purchase indicating the date of purchase and the dealer’s name is presented to the Company’s authorized customer care centers. Warranty will not be valid without these documents. Any modification, amendment or defacement to these documents shall render this warranty void.
• The Company’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or providing replacements of parts which are found to be defective only. Company shall not be responsible for any damage resulting out of use of its product. The Company shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or economic damage or loss (including but not limited to loss of
profits, data, anticipated savings, and goodwill or business opportunities arising from or related to the warranty). The Company’s liability under or in relation to this warranty shall be limited to the purchase price of the product or the Maximum Retail Price, as stated on the packaging of the product, whichever is lower.
• Displays may occasionally have dots missing or permanently lit. This does not necessarily indicate a fault.
• While the company will make every effort to carry out repairs at the earliest, it is however made explicitly clear that the company is under no obligation to do so in a specified period of time.
• Repair of products will be carried out on a carry in basis and shall be carried out by Company’s authorized customer care centers.
• Where applicable, it is the customer’s responsibility to backup any contents stored in the product before it is sent to the Company authorized customer care center for servicing. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss of data or any other information stored in the product.
• Warranty is issued at New Delhi only and only Courts at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction over matters covered by or follow from this warranty.
• In the event of any difference or dispute arising with reference to the terms and conditions of the warranty or their interpretation, the same shall be referred to a sole arbitrator, who shall be appointed by the Company's Managing Director. The decision of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. Such arbitration proceedings shall be held at New Delhi and provision of the Arbitration & Conciliations Act 1996 shall apply to the arbitration proceedings.
Warranty is not applicable in any of the following cases:-
• The warranty stands void if the serial number of the product is mutilated, defected or altered.
• Company will not accept any responsibility for damage arising out of unauthorized modification or alteration, repair or use of any accessories other than those supplied with the equipment.
• This warranty does not cover any form of failure(s) of products resulting from fire, water, riots, voltage surge, improper earthing or defects due to causes beyond control like lightning, floods, etc. and acts of God.
• Company will not accept damage / loss incurred during transit or mishandling or resulting due to negligence, duplicate accessories, and improper use contrary to the operation instructions specified in the user manual supplied along with the product.
• In case repairs are carried out by unauthorized personnel or unauthorized source this warranty will be void.
• Defects/Damage does not cover normal wear and tear of parts (which age over period of time / usage) including but not limited to damage or defect to the finish or exterior of the product. (such as paint peel off, colour changes, scratches etc.)
• Defects/Damage caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches, lizards or any other animals/insects.