Warranty – Terms and Conditions
Panasonic India Pvt.ltd., having registered office at 12th Floor Ambience Tower Ambience Island , NH8,Gurgaon ,Haryana -122002 (herein referred as “company”) warrants the Multi-Function Laser Printer for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, to be free from any manufacturing defect, on the following terms and conditions :-
1. Warranty does not cover : -
a. Consumables (Toner, Drum, etc.)
b. Accessories external to the equipment or supplied by the dealer.
2. This Warranty is valid and applicable to the products which are licensed for sale and purchased in India only. Parallel imports (Grey market products) are excluded from this warranty.
3. In case customer is not able to provide Invoice, decision of Panasonic India representative will be final and binding.
4. Company shall, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the defective product with an equivalent model (at no additional cost), where the products(s) are faulty due to solely to defective materials or workmanship. All parts removed by the Company shall be the property of the Company. Any repairs done or replacements provided shall not extend the warranty term for any of the products. For avoidance of doubt, the time taken by the Company in repairing the product shall not be reason for extending the warranty terms.
5. The warranty is confined to the first purchase of the product only and is not transferable.
6. The warranty is valid only when the original bill of purchase indicating the date of purchase and the dealer’s name is presented to the Company’s authorized service centres. Any modification, amendment or defacement to the documents shall render this warranty void.
7. The Company’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or providing replacement of parts which are found to be defective only. Company shall not be responsible for any damage resulting out of use of its product. The Company shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or economic damage or loss (including but not limited to loss of profits, data, anticipated savings, and goodwill or business opportunities arising from or related to the warranty). The Company’s liability under or in relation to this warranty shall be limited to the purchase price of the product or the Maximum Retail Price, as stated on the packaging of the product, whichever is lower.
8. While the Company will make every effort to carry out repairs at the earliest, it is however made explicitly clear that the company is under no obligation to do so in a specified period of time.
9. Where applicable, it is the customer’s responsibility to backup any contents stored in the product before it is sent to the Company authorised customer care centre for servicing. The Company shall not be responsible for any damage or modification or loss of data or any other information stored in the product.
Warranty is not applicable in any of the following cases:-
1. The warranty stands void if serial no. of the product is mutilated, defected or altered.
2. Company will not accept any responsibility for damage arising out of unauthorized modification or alteration, repair or use of any accessories other than those supplied with the equipment.
3. This warranty does not cover any form of failure(s) of products resulting from Fire, Water, Riots, Surge Voltage from power source or defects due to causes beyond control like Lightning, Flood etc. and acts of God.
4. Company will not accept damage or loss incurred during transit or mishandling or resulting due to negligence, or using fake/ duplicate consumables, improper use contrary to the operation instructions specified in the user manual supplied along with the product.
5. Defects/Damage does not cover normal wear and tear of parts (which age over period of time / usage) including but not limited to damage or defect to the finish or exterior of the product. (Such as paint peel off, color changes, scratches etc.)
6. Defects/Damage caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches, lizards or any other animals/insects.
7. In case repairs are carried out by unauthorized personal or unauthorized source, warranty will be void.