• Images can be projected onto an 80-inch wide screen from a distance of only 0.82 m(2.69').
• High basic performance, including a 5,000-hour lamp replacement cycle.
• A wired LAN Network and other functions allow easy system integration.
• Features like Speed Start and Direct Power Off help to quickly set up and shut down.
Panasonic employs a number of advanced technologies — including a proprietary lamp drive system — that help maintain lamp performance. This has resulted in a 5,000-hour*1 lamp replacement cycle. It helps saving operating cost by providing longer usage between lamp replacements.
Momentary power outages*3 or voltage drops*4 can cause the projector to shut down, interrupting the projection. The PT-ST10 equipped with the Intelligent Power Management function controls the power supply to cope with power fluctuations, to enable continued projection.
The ecological design of the PT-ST10 greatly reduces its environmental impact. In Eco Standby mode, power consumption is only 0.4 W*5. As examples of other environmental design features, the uncoated cabinet uses no halogenated flame retardants, the lens uses lead-free glass, and an Auto Off Timer switches the projector to Standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time. The PT-ST10 also complies with the standards of the RoHS Directive*6.
Panasonic's Daylight View Basic technology achieves sharp, easy-to-see images by clearly reproducing the details in dark image areas, which were previously difficult to see in brightly lit rooms. A built-in sensor measures the ambient light, and the Daylight View Basic function adjusts the halftone colour and brightness level according to the surrounding illumination.
Projecting onto a whiteboard normally causes viewers to experience glare. However, the Panasonic Whiteboard mode reduces glare while also properly reproducing images.
The noise level is as low as 29-dB*7. This helps your audience to keep their attention on the discussion or on the screen images during quiet scenes.
A Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status. In addition, Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software is included for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC. The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink™ (Class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors.
Various interfaces: Interfaces include two computer (RGB) inputs, a wired LAN terminal, and a serial (RS-232C) terminal for external control. The serial terminal has an Emulate function that lets you continue using existing control systems when replacing a previous Panasonic model. It is also possible to output audio during Standby mode. This is convenient when connecting an external audio system*8 through the projector.
The lamp can be accessed through the top panel for easy replacement, and the air filter can be removed and installed through the side panel. This eliminates the need to detach the projector from its ceiling bracket and greatly simplifies maintenance. The air filter uses a Micro Cut Filter, which is an electrostatic filter that employs an ion effect to attract and trap dust particles with high efficiency.
• Index Window: You can split the screen into two windows, right and left, and display a frozen (still) image in one and a real-time action image in the other.
• Digital Zoom: Expands selected parts of the display up to three times their original size*12.
• Freeze Function: This function lets you display still images by freezing a motion image.
• AV mute: Temporarily turns off both the image and the sound.
• Background Colour: When there is no signal from the source device, a solid background colour (settable to either blue or black) is displayed on the screen to help prevent connection errors.
• No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet.
• Non-coated cabinet for easy recycling.
• Daylight View Basic function makes the screen seem brighter without increasing power consumption.
• Lead-free glass is used for the lens.
• Low Standby Power Consumption of 0.4 W*13.
• An Auto Off Timer switches the projector to Standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time.
*1 This value is calculated by continuously turning the lamp on for 2 hours and off for 0.25 hour. The lamp replacement cycle will decrease if the lamp is turned on/off more frequently, or if it is left on for longer intervals.
*2 Fluctuations may occur in the electricity power supply except the power outage.
*3 Continuing 0V power supply during several tens of milliseconds.
*4 Power supply voltage reduction. Excluding momentary power outage. *5 In Eco Standby mode, network functions such as Standby On via LAN are not available, and only certain commands can be received from RS-232C control.
*6 Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances. The specified toxic substances used in the electrical and electronic equipment that is manufactured and distributed within Europe are controlled (the six substances are lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl esters (PBDE)), and all Panasonic projectors comply with the standards of the European RoHS Directive.
*7 Lamp mode : Eco
*8 Requires speakers and an audio amplifier.
*9 With the Startup Logo function turned off.
*10 Searches for approximately 5 minutes after the power is turned on.
*11 Uploadable still images are limited to 1024 X 768 pixel bitmap files. Also, the application will reduce the number of colours to 191.
*12 Up to two times their original size when using video/S-Video signal input.
*13 In Standby Eco mode, network functions such as Standby On via LAN are not available, and only certain commands can be received from RS-232C control.