New Delhi, May 18th, 2022: Panasonic is a diversified technology company that provides solutions to create a better life for consumers in living spaces and a better world for enterprise and communities. The company is a worldwide leader in the development of home appliances, industrial devices, automotive, lifestyle and connected solutions. Panasonic is continuously developing and launching high-quality, innovative components that power a diverse range of devices and products across industries. The company’s Industrial Devices Division (INDD) delivers advanced industrial components and electronic devices to businesses in India. These include industrial automation devices, relays, connectors, sensors, wireless connectivity, and other passive components. Within the INDD business, Panasonic supports the country’s automobile original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers with cutting-edge Automotive Solutions.
This division is led by Narayan Kumar, Group Chief - Industrial Devices Division, Panasonic India. He comes with over two decades of experience in Marketing, Sales & Distribution & business unit operations in both established and start up organizations. Narayan has completed his MBA from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and is a qualified engineer.
While developing the next-generation automobiles, other vehicles, and transportation equipment sub-systems, Eco-friendly, reliability, comfort, and safety are significant considerations for OEMs. Focusing on these factors, Panasonic INDD’s Automotive Solution provides industry-leading electronic components and devices required to meet the extremely high quality and reliability standards demanded by Tier 1, 2, and 3 OEMs. These components are utilized in electrification, chassis & safety, interior, and human-machine interface (HMI) systems worldwide.
Panasonic INDD’s Automotive Solution delivers Touch Panels, Relays (EV, Automotive, & Semiconductor), Switches (Push, Detector, micro-switches), Connectors, Automotive Power supplies components to name a few. These advanced electronic components have a wide range of applications, including:
- Active & Passive Safety: systems are designed into vehicles for accident prevention such as anti-lock braking systems, emergency breaks, and airbags systems.
- LED Lighting: Panasonic offers a wide range of devices that are ideal for LED Lighting sub-system applications such as anti-surge high-power multilayer varistor, inductors, thermal management solution such as cooling fan, PCBA solution for 2-wheeler, and more.
- Vehicle Body & Security: Provide technology like the two-sensor anti-theft system with a siren for a wide detection area and increased malfunction resistance. For instance, the Automotive Relays are installed in cars for motor reversing applications and energy management.
EV Relay’s video highlighting the “hermetically sealed encapsulated” structure which provides greater safety while switching-off at high DC voltages. Link -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYFZtBLJmA&t=252s
- Infotainment & Connectivity: Touch Panels, Light Touch, and Tactile Switches are used for in-vehicle infotainment and connectivity, navigation, electric toll collection, e-call, and telematics systems that keep the vehicle connected, enjoyable, and safe.
- Instrumentation & HMI: INDD has pioneered vehicle instrumentation and HMI sub-systems development offering components (like Automotive Encoders & Rotary Potentiometers) that supports keyless entry, power windows, air conditioning, power seats, high reliability Batteries for Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS), amongst others.
- EV - Battery Management, Power Distribution & Inverters: Globally, Panasonic is one of the leading suppliers of Lithium-ion Battery technology for Hybrid Electric and Electric vehicles, thus reflecting the expertise of efficient Battery management solutions in any vehicle or transportation equipment sub-system. Panasonic PhotoMOS® Relays are used for the EV battery monitoring system. These are MOSFET-enabled Solid State Relays featuring low off-state leakage current and stable on-resistance over the component lifetime.
Panasonic has global leadership for high voltage cut-off Electromechanical Relay with hydrogen encapsulation offering high reliability, safety, and compact structure. Among Electronic passive devices, new technology Hybrid Capacitors with high current, high reliability offers good value proposition in the Motor Controller designs.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS): Enable OEMs for the development of state-of-the-art advanced driver assistance systems using cameras and radar, as well as e-Call technology systems and devices using Panasonic own Battery solutions.
About Panasonic Industrial Devices Division (INDD):
Panasonic India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation, a global pioneer in developing innovative technologies and solutions for diverse applications across B2C and B2B businesses. With a focus on Industrial solutions, Panasonic’s Industrial Devices Division (INDD business) is driving innovation through consulting, designing, and supplying a wide range of technologies and systems to various industries, including automotive, e-mobility, telecom, factory automation, infrastructure, manufacturing & logistics, and HVAC. Panasonic INDD supports 3000+ businesses in India from five locations situated in Gurgaon, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, and Chennai.
Visit https://www.panasonic.com/global/ for more information.
For more information, contact:
Panasonic | Pritesh Rachamalla I +91 88604 04324| firstname.lastname@example.org
MSL | Sidhant Mahajan |+91 8288073223| email@example.com