Certificate of Warranty
Terms and Conditions
Panasonic Life Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. having its registered office at 12th Floor Ambience Tower, Ambience Island, NH8, Gurgaon- 122002, Haryana herein after referred to as “Company”, warrants to the purchaser (“Customer”) of this Air Conditioner (“Product”), free of charge repairs of any part(s) thereof, if proved upon inspection by the Company or any of its Authorized Dealer/Service Centre, to be defective due to faulty material or workmanship.
The above mentioned warranty shall be valid for all functional parts for a period (except Rotary Compressor) for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase mentioned on Purchase Invoice (“Warranty Period”);
For Rotary Compressor in all Panasonic Domestic one to one Split Air-Conditioners up to 5 Ton and Scroll Compressor fitted in One to One High wall split Inverter model up to 2.5 Ton the warranty shall be valid 5 years from the date of purchase mentioned on Purchase Invoice (“Warranty Period”);
For other models of Scroll Compressor the warranty will be valid for 3 years, from the date of purchase mentioned on Purchase Invoice (“Warranty Period”)
This warranty covers only the above mentioned repairs and does not entitle the Customer for replacement of the Product including but not limited to free replacements of cabinets and styling materials aesthetic material frames, plastic parts & accessories. The Company shall provide following Warranty services, free of cost through its authorized Dealer/Service Centre during the respective Warranty Periods mentioned above
A. Preventive Maintenance:
Preventive maintenance checkup will be carried out three times in a period of 12 months from the date of Purchase Invoice, upon request from the Customer, which will include: General cleaning and brushing up of Dirt and Muck, general checkup of the performance of the Product unit, cleaning of air filter, and checking of electrical parts and components.
B. Breakdown Complaints:
Company will put its best efforts to promptly attend to any breakdown complaint lodged by the Customer. Company will carry out repairs if it is determined by the Company’s authorized service representative that the breakdown is due to a manufacturing defect.
The aforementioned warranty shall be subject to the under mentioned conditions:
1. The warranty is valid only when this warranty certificate (duly filled, signed and stamped by the selling dealer), along with original purchase invoice indicating the date of purchase and the dealer’s name is presented to the Company or its authorized service centres, as designated by the Company. Warranty will not be valid without these documents. Any modification, defacement of or amendment to these documents shall render this warranty void.
2. Warranty takes care of any manufacturing defect or breakdown of the Product during Warranty Period. Company at its sole discretion will repair or replace such defective Product or parts thereof. All parts removed by the Company shall be the property of the Company. In the event the Company carries out repairs or replacement of any part during the said Warranty Period, the warranty shall thereafter continue only for the remaining period of the warranty. Any repairs done or replacement provided shall not extend the Warranty Period for any of the Products.
The Warranty Period is limited as provided hereunder from the date of Purchase Invoice irrespective of the period the Product unit was not in use; was not giving proper performance; was under breakdown; or was under repair(s) by Company’s Authorized Service Centre.
3. This warranty is valid and applicable only in respect of Products which are purchased in India from authorized channel of the Company. Parallel imports are excluded from this warranty. Further, this warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the Product only, and is not transferable.
4. The Company reserves the right to decide at its discretion, for replacing any defective part with a substitute without affecting the performance of the Product.
5. This warranty shall not apply with respect to the Products or any part thereof which has been subject to:
(a) Installation/repair by any unauthorized persons or repair/use of this Product or any accessories other than those specified by Company;
(b) Any accident or damage during transit; mishandling, unauthorized modifications, input voltage beyond specifications, riots, commercial use, lightning, use contrary to the operations specified in the user’s manual supplied with the Product/unit, Alteration;
(c) Unit/part(s) Serial No. mutilated, defaced or altered or any damage arising out of unauthorized modification or alteration, repair or use of the Product;
(d) Damage due to fire, flood or such occurrences, water, dust, input voltage beyond specifications;
(e) Damage due to presence of any foreign object or living creature (eg. Rat, lizard, insect, ants, etc.) inside the Product unit;
(f) Use of harmful chemicals; Improper heat load, Usage of unit in an abnormally corrosive alkaline/acidic atmosphere;
(g) Any change or defect resulting due to improper maintenance any use contrary to the operations specified in the user’s manual supplied with the Product;
(h) Damage or loss arising out of mishandling or incurred during transit.
6. The warranty on the compressor shall be void if the failure is due to lack of proper preventive maintenance of the unit or if the unit is repaired / attended to by any unauthorized person.
7. While Company undertakes responsibility to replace only the compressor free of cost during Warranty Period. Cost of labor, transportation and other incidental expenditures shall be borne by the Customer after the lapse of first year of Product warranty.
8. The Product is defined to operate at a voltage supply of 220 Volts ±10% & Frequency 50±3 Hz in case of single phase product. Any failure due to operation of the machine beyond the above specified limits will not be covered under warranty.
9. While the Company will make every effort to carry out repairs/replacement of parts at the earliest, it is however made explicitly clear that the Company is under no obligation to do so in a specified period of time.
10. Any defect in the electrical installation or wiring at site has to be rectified by the Customer as per the recommendation of Company’s Authorized service representative.
11. In the event of any unforeseen circumstance, and spares not being available, Company’s prevailing depreciation rules will be binding on the Customer to accept as commercial solution in lieu of repairs, the depreciation rules will be applicable after one year of purchase of the unit.
12. The Company shall not be liable or be deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond its reasonable control including delay in repairing due to non-availability of any component or accessory, labor problem, restrictions and regulations of the government, public movement, war and any unavoidable circumstances, specially vis-à-vis the import of supplies and raw material or if the company is otherwise prevented from performing its functions under this warranty.
13. For Product units installed outside the municipal limits of the Company or Authorized Dealer’s service center, all expenses incurred in to & fro transportation of unit / parts, lodging, boarding, conveyance and other incidental charges will be borne by and payable in advance by the Customer.
14. To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty and the remedies set forth herein are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral, written, statutory, express or implied. Company disclaims all statutory and implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects, to the extent permitted by law. In so far as such warranties cannot be disclaimed, Company limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration of this express Warranty and, at Company's option, the repair or replacement services described below.
15. The Company shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or economic damage or loss (including but not limited to loss of profits, data, anticipated savings, personal injury and goodwill or business opportunities arising from or related to the warranty). The Company’s liability under or in relation to this warranty shall be limited to the purchase price of the Product or the Maximum Retail Price thereof, as stated on the packaging of the Product, whichever is lower.
16. In the event of any difference or dispute arising with reference to the terms and conditions of this warranty or their interpretation, the same shall be referred to a sole arbitrator, who shall be appointed by the Company. The decision of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. Such arbitration proceedings shall be held at New Delhi and provision of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996 shall apply to the arbitration proceedings.
17. It is an obligatory condition of this warranty that any changes in the location of the Product unit or ownership thereof must be intimated in writing to the Company 10 days in advance and only Company’s Authorized Dealer /Service Centre shall remove and install the Product units on chargeable basis, failing which, the warranty shall not be applicable.
18. Company's obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repair of part/s only. The maximum amount of liability with respect to any Product related claim/s, if entertained by Company, will be subject to the maximum retail price of the Product purchased or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
19. The warranty is confined to first purchaser only & is not transferable.
20. For complete warranty terms and conditions, visit http://www.panasonic.com/in/support/